SOTD: Saturday 15 June - Friday 21 June 2024.

18/6/24

1000016195.jpg

Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush - Highlander LE
Razor - Gillette raw brass flat bottom Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Today was a day I'd been dreading since I found out about it. A few weeks back one of my best mates died suddenly aged 41 and earlier today was the memorial service his family held for their departed son/brother.

I'm generally not one to theme a shave, but for today's shave I picked out a few things I'd been given here.

Signature Soaps aka @BrianH Eboracum isn't a soap I use on a regular basis, but I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to take a huge amount of pleasure from using it. A delightful lather to build and it performs as good as anything. The Highlander LE was made beautifully by @gile and it was a great pleasure to participate in the thread leading upto the inception, creation and delivery of the brush. The shave itself as it is Tech June-kies, was the Flat Bottom Tech Paul @pjgh stripped the coating off, it seems to shave a little differently to the other FB Tech I own.

Sometimes, during the shave itself you find a few moments of peace, I found a few today as I was making my best effort to present my best self to honour my departed friend and avoid my head spiralling out of control as it has been at times. I used to give him shaving equipment over the years, and he used to enjoy using them. He absolutely despised having any kind of hair on his face, which used to largely futile as he was an incredibly hirsute fellow and the 5 O'Clock shadow was an integral part of his persona.

The memorial itself at times was an incredibly difficult encounter. I'd not seen my friend's parents since his death, and a few other mutual friends who found the abrupt nature of his death to be an incredibly difficult concept to deal with.

It's funny how age creeps up with you. It seems only not too long I was hanging out with these group of individuals when we were kids in our early 20's getting shit faced after work with few cares in the world. Now we're all in our early 40's that's all changed, but losing one of your buddies is something I'm not sure I ever expected to be something we had to deal with too.

Thanks to all who made it this far. This is a great little pocket of the internet, I'm pleased to have found it and everyone who posts here.

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Today was a day I'd been dreading since I found out about it. A few weeks back one of my best mates died suddenly aged 41 and earlier today was the memorial service his family held for their departed son/brother.

I'm generally not one to theme a shave, but for today's shave I picked out a few things I'd been given here.

Signature Soaps aka @BrianH Eboracum isn't a soap I use on a regular basis, but I'm not entirely sure why but I seem to take a huge amount of pleasure from using it. A delightful lather to build and it performs as good as anything. The Highlander LE was made beautifully by @gile and it was a great pleasure to participate in the thread leading upto the inception, creation and delivery of the brush. The shave itself as it is Tech June-kies, was the Flat Bottom Tech Paul @pjgh stripped the coating off, it seems to shave a little differently to the other FB Tech I own.

Sometimes, during the shave itself you find a few moments of peace, I found a few today as I was making my best effort to present my best self to honour my departed friend and avoid my head spiralling out of control as it has been at times. I used to give him shaving equipment over the years, and he used to enjoy using them. He absolutely despised having any kind of hair on his face, which used to largely futile as he was an incredibly hirsute fellow and the 5 O'Clock shadow was an integral part of his persona.

The memorial itself at times was an incredibly difficult encounter. I'd not seen my friend's parents since his death, and a few other mutual friends who found the abrupt nature of his death to be an incredibly difficult concept to deal with.

It's funny how age creeps up with you. It seems only not too long I was hanging out with these group of individuals when we were kids in our early 20's getting shit faced after work with few cares in the world. Now we're all in our early 40's that's all changed, but losing one of your buddies is something I'm not sure I ever expected to be something we had to deal with too.

Thanks to all who made it this far. This is a great little pocket of the internet, I'm pleased to have found it and everyone who posts here.
Really sorry to read about your friend, and you are so right time flies so fast and yet inside I still feel like I'm 20.
Thanks for sharing.

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Very sorry to hear that.
As we get older these things happen. Hits you, and the people around them, right in the stomach. Often you can't see it coming, but if you could would it be any easier.
Hope there were lots of good memories discussed with everyone

I will no longer be referring to my past shaves as a 'catch up', but more 'bringing some past sink activities to this present time after not finding the time to publish them to the general shaving public at an earlier date'

Amen

So here we are, this evening's frolicking from the shower room together with last night's sink activities which arrives late because I couldn't be arsed.

And a theme please....'Catch up. Catching crabs'

Monday

20240617_194210.jpg

Crab killer - Yaqi Excalibur
Crab claw - Feather Super Professional
Crab fishing - Zenith dark synthetic
Crabbing - Floris Elite soap
Crab shell - Collagen
Crab stick - Floris Elite EDC
'And the price includes some free crab as well? A bargain'

An Elite shave with the little crappy Yaqi leading the way. Give this thing a decent sharp blade and it turns in a very commendable performance. Even if it does equate to being a blade on the end of a stick.

Life after Lady Baby?

Today

20240618_161842.jpg

Crab mentality - Tatara Nodachi
Shirley Crabtree - Wizamet Super Iridium
Crab dip - PAA Peregrino
Crab bucket - Signature Novus Spice
Crab cake - L'Occitane Cade balm
Crab apple - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'My God! It's the attack of the giant testicles'

Not really much work to do this evening as last night's shave was so damn good, but hey, what little work was needed the Tatara did a sterling job of.

And some girlies I've not used for some time so I leave you in the capable hands of Bridear

Tech June-kies

Tuesday 18th June

AP1GczMHVE76BuCPVU9u0qRguF1wE5CB8eJ6a_yBLRpp3E60N_2EXd9gvnkYdlWtc0kbD6eo_q8RAyl3vsaW4_dwJiEap084it2h8TEsUB4pfOrMPWqgBAU2Mwsdg9GiVIEOOP6Q7V_K_i5VdN9puaXrPnJDxw=w800

Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Mug & Shave Factory (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1950s) Aluminium & Gillette London Bridge (2)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Same again ... the London Bridge on its best shave. By 'eck it's a super example, this aluminium Tech.

What a hard day. My condolences.

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

Deepest sympathies, 41 is no age at all.

238C2D36-37AD-4C51-936A-C5894E663109.jpeg
Shavemac TSR L.I. 2016
The Godfellas Smile Syntesi
Polsilver Łódź (4)
OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Paco Rabanne a/s

Very impressed with Syntesi, after using it four times. It really does deliver a smooth, comfortable and efficient shave. The blade felt very smooth even after the fourth use.

Squeaky clean, smoothed, and inspired by Chris’ @Satanfriendly recent post extolling the olfactory virtues of Paco Rabanne, I’m fully doused, and off to do do something bad, or make a cup of tea. Can’t decide?

Enjoy yours gents.

18/6/24

View attachment 121794

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic
Edt - Izzey Miyake

My deepest sympathies Donnie.

Back
Top Bottom