SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

Friday 22nd December
General Brass - Schick Proline P #7 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Wickham Gothic Revival - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm
1000016973-01.jpg

SOTD: 22/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 13th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a great day !

Not 'my final shave for this past week etc etc' as you can be tortured with that one later, but a catch up from Wednesday and Thursday as work was hard going because of the weather.

So these shaves arrive themed, 'Bad wind'

Wednesday

View attachment 114808

Rasping razor - Muhle R89
Bottom burping blade - Polsilver Lodz
Breezing brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Squeeze cheese soap - Signature Condate
Methane moisturiser - Collegen
Shooting the bunny scent - Extro Arzachena splash

'Good God, that is evil'

With an R89 what could go wrong? Nothing, and nothing did. These 89's are just a superb average day driver and one of those 'desert island' shaving objects. An excellent bit of sink time and finely finished to perfection. The humble R89. Here from my return to real razors all those years back and it will be here at the end.

Another Japanese female Ramones? May be..

Thursday

View attachment 114809

Rim rippler razor - Tatara Nodachi
Butt trumpet blade - Feather
Bum thunder brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Sphincter singing soap - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Moon gas moisturiser - Simple
Saluting your shorts scent - Hermes terre
'That was me'

A blade at the end of its life but still enough of an edge to provide a nice smooth end to my shave last night. After that, in the sodding bank you go. A touch of simple for a simple man and retired to bed grinning inwardly.

Then woke up and threw this shite together

Have some more Japanese girlies and a good day

Ok Chris, fes up, how did you get the Tatara inside the Hermes bottle? You are obviously a magician as well as a tugger! :cool:

22 December

TOBS St. James
Simpson Chubby 2
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

6E8A4C09-0B11-4C37-BD5F-5DFC5F5F9A5E.jpeg
I must admit, I under loaded the brush this morning. The lather was a bit thin, but still functional, just not the usual white beard of Santa quality. Two good, quick passes with the “Sledgehammer” and a fine result.

Friday

Face- King C Gillette + Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
Head- Leaf + Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
Semogue 2011 LE Boar
Phoenix And Beau Spifire
The Shave Den A/S & Proraso Blue Balm

IMG_9550.jpeg

First and last shave with the King C it’s the mildest razor I’ve ever used and I had to swap it out with the Merkur 34G for the second pass.

IMG_20231222_110943.jpgThree shaves into the Pro Super and it seems to me the blade is losing its edge? I have never used these before this week but was expecting a longer lifespan than this.
Does anyone have any experience with a short lifespan on these blades?

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: (Borrowed) Occams Oren
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: "Mennen Armed Foces issue" (Proraso shave cream)
Aftershave: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

First and last shave with the King C it’s the mildest razor I’ve ever used and I had to swap it out with the Merkur 34G for the second pass.

I most definitely find it mild, but many mild razors have really tight tolerances. It's curious, because the KCG has a larger blade gap than the R89 which is often cited as a reason for increased aggressiveness in the shave. I think the exposure is less than the R89 (I don't have an M34 to compare), though.

Personally, I found myself quite surprised to click with the KCG ... but ... I popped an ever-so slightly shorter handle on it. When I used it with the retail handle maybe a year or two ago when I first bought it, I really did not rate it. To be frank, I don't know what that means. I most definitely find that the KCG is a razor that works best when finding that angle from the cap rather than the comb ... and potentially, the length of the handle has the effect of finding that angle. Dunno.

I most definitely find it mild, but many mild razors have really tight tolerances. It's curious, because the KCG has a larger blade gap than the R89 which is often cited as a reason for increased aggressiveness in the shave. I think the exposure is less than the R89 (I don't have an M34 to compare), though.

Personally, I found myself quite surprised to click with the KCG ... but ... I popped an ever-so slightly shorter handle on it. When I used it with the retail handle maybe a year or two ago when I first bought it, I really did not rate it. To be frank, I don't know what that means. I most definitely find that the KCG is a razor that works best when finding that angle from the cap rather than the comb ... and potentially, the length of the handle has the effect of finding that angle. Dunno.
I was probably a bit too harsh saying I will never use it again but it was really struggling to cut my stubble.I have a couple of shorter Muhle handles I can try with it to see if that helps.
When I put the blade in I saw right away that there was very little blade gap.

22/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Myatt - OC - Yaqi Cap
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 50 (7).jpg
As the engraved Myatt top cap does not accept any new DE blades i just use a Yaqi top cap and it works a treat, There has been some attempt to reduce the post diameter - roughly i might add. One day i will get around to having a look at it.
The Frankenrazor delivers a very comfortable efficient shave, BBS and comf0ortable in 3.
Just back after my visit with the hygienist who has given my Gnasher's a polish, all sorted out as part of my check-up.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
z0But1R.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 2-band Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes 1445
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword French Brown (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Castle Forbes 1445 EdP

A most harmonious union of old school fougère scents.

Back
Top Bottom