SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

Dec 20, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Eventide ( Glissant )
Fragrance: Nemer by Boadicea the Victorious
getting fitted for my radiotherapy mask on Friday, which involves a scan and setting up the machine to target my cancers.. a big step forward, so I figured I'd better get a shave in today, to give my skin time to settle down.
Wishing you all the best for upcoming treatment

20/12/23

Brush - Omega/GFS Wild Hog
Soap - Arko Hydrate
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Personna GEM (1)
AS - Brut Original

My first shave with the ER 1912. An efficient but smooth shave, cleared 5 days worth of growth with little trouble (or blood!). One of the most enjoyable shaves I've had for a while.

The blades were courtesy of Paul and a thank you to my friend @Blademonkey the right honourable Mr Monkey esquire of Cornwall.

IMG_20231220_121527.jpg

Wednesday 20th December

ABLVV84o64FMXRzUAT_G7gXEXLLOoh5F64fAbBYrt2BJ_Mz9Yy0rwR4iwE_jgUYurxC9-AXkYd0lWW1n53tLI8zUAwxe7waJAB3AjiuXNT9dq7ar7DrClTPFFrbbJwTHPz0OFttBwtr7G0Vaerr4NP2d3hj_MA=w800

Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated) & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle R89 w/Red Horseman Swing (Stainless) Handle & Super Gillette Blue (3)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

SOTD: 21st December 2023.

h.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: The Real Shave Co. Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D4)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(winter solstice shave)

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently, resulting in a wonderfully smooth 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy the winter solstice ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 21-Dec
20231220_145249.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: HoM Beloved
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige ++
Blade: GEM PTFE

Brilliant shave this morning with the newly arrived Vestige in machined finish. Much prefer this finish to the basic polish of the passaround. The grip seems that little bit better and maintains the smoothness. Admittedly I went into this knowing I would probably have liked a +++ had it existed (fingers crossed not long though) over the ++, but it is still more than capable.

I would say this could even be a hardware killer for me (with a +++) but who the hell am I kidding, I'm a magpie at heart!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

20231221_074340.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Fatip Piccolo Originale
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Boots Freshwood

20231221_074026.jpg

I love shaves like this. A really cheap razor, a cheap blade, cheap preshave, left over soap and Boots' own aftershave. The only "premium" item is the brush. Yet it all works together to deliver a 95% perfect shave. Yes, I enjoy my premium stuff too, but there's something satisfying about using this type of more affordable gear when it works so well.

20231221_081824.jpg

SOTD: 21/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 12th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Thur 21st December

Cyril Salter- MS Ed2band
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )

By not shaving for a couple of days, the sore areas on my face have to a large extent disappeared.I decided that it might be sensible to use a fresh blade, which proved to be a good idea. The Shave was smooth and comfortable, and a nice close finish was attained.
Got Shopping to do, and rather miffed that there is no large Aldi near us, as they are selling Game meats at low prices.

IMG_0874.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom