SOTD: Saturday 16 March - Friday 22 March 2024.

Chiseled Face ‘Ghost Town Barber’
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #4

Easily loaded this sample of the old beef tallow formula croap which is a Barbershop scent but the fruit and florals are toned down and has a cedar/leather background, nice pleasant smell. Great two pass shave with the open comb efficient razor mowing through two days of heavy growth.

Thursday 21st March

AP1GczPzmMFF03EfqN9OVT_sTsRCgTQvo6CXtPZtd4JDPE07U08yy-7BK08wlF-i_RJKPmY0dWLNG1NLcGPCGyZXoJdORVRmurxl_CTCWlF92Lz0obuYihQ2qo6rHV-nxv5aW-KKnoiYprjAipqfWnSSVEerzw=w800

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Bowl & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DES89 & Astra Superior Platinum (India) (1)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

20240321_210142.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Prep Proraso preshave.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Signature soaps Lindum.
Razor Blackland Vector.
Blade Feather Pro Super (4)
Aftershave Signature soaps Lindinis.

Tonight was the last night using this razor as tomorrow I will be using the Stando rod, I am halfway through the Feathers life and want to see how it fairs in the Stando.
Today's theme is Signature soaps and the excellent products Brian makes.
The razor Tonight was excellent and seems to just keep getting better but I do feel the Titan is a better match for me than the Feather, I will also be testing them both later with a Feather Pro guard.
The Highlander soon whipped up a soft creamy lather that provided an excellent 2 pass shave and a near perfect head shave, my hair was quite long so required 2 pass on the head instead of the usual 1 pass atg.
My finish is with a head buff to make it all shiny.
Shark Tank Makeup GIF by ABC Network

Topped off with a splash of the ol aftershave and now I am simply stunning.
No Way Wow GIF

Have a great evening everyone.

SOTD Thu 21 Mar 2024

All our imaginary yesterdays, shaveE7E0566D-8E78-4220-9FC5-885D3D521208.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, handmade soap face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic PP shaving bowl
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Bowl
Brush - Semogue 1305
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Freshwood ASL
Balm - Freshwood ASB
Fragrance - Hugo EDT

So I was wondering. If I had been wet shaving, say, a decade or so ago (I wasn’t as I varied between a full beard and shaving electric for some 50 years!) But if I had, then what might I have been using? So I gathered together some likely items from my stash, put some Red Hot Chili Peppers on the hi-fi (about as recent as I have actually) and gave it a go! Not a big fan of the Wilko soap, seemed ok but had very little slickness so the shave was a bit jerky rather than smooth. The razor and blade were effective though and after 2 passes and some tidy up, a fine finish was achieved with no damage or irritation and the lotions and potions were great! All together, not bad at all!

6845C8FD-396A-43C5-822B-F9E216FCF151.jpeg
Whatever he’s up to, I think it’s a 3 cushion problem!

Last edited:
A very Rose scented shave this evening and so keeping in tone with the aromatic side of shaving life it was decided that the theme shall be....

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You think you're beautiful
But you're not

20240321_154810.jpg

A razor by any other name - Ikon B1
Rose thorn - Polsilver Super Iridium
Rose brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Rosy faced - MDC Rose
Rose cheeked - Collegen
Smelling of roses - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

A cracking bit of sink time once I'd got the razor out the bottle. I really must stop this amusing little trick.

Have some of this.....

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Astra Stainless (3)
Brush: Highlander Candy
S Soap: Noble Otter Rawr

This is now the fifth time I'm purchasing a Rockwell razor. Had the 6C twice and the 6S twice. The shave does not get better with anything else trust me. It will look better with another razor but in terms of efficiency/smoothness balance nothing beats the Rockwell.
I have it in blue which I think makes it a nice set with the Highlander brush.
The soap! Never had a NO soap before and I am very please with its performance. Not so with the scent. I thought I liked it when gave it a sniff but now after the shave it's not for me so will make its way to BST soon.

SOTD.JPG

Back
Top Bottom