SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

SOTD: 17th August 2024.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave) (Shave Stick week)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend. Everything in the shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully. The King C Gillette/Treet Platinum is a great duo slicing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cein Men Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre-Shave: Noxzema Crema Rastura Perfeta
Brush: Razorock 400 synthetic
Soap: Razorock Caribbean Holiday
Face lathered
Razor: Gillette Vintage 109 Black Beauty - setting 7
Blade: Perma Sharp
Post Shave: Alum Block and then Boots No 7 Recovery Balm

Great start to the day as the smell of this soap transported me to somewhere sunny rather than the grey skies of the UK!
New brush which was a bit softer than I expected but worked really well with the soap & I like the length and feel of the handle
I liked the blade - again seemed to work really well with the old Gillette razor
Could really feel the alum especially around my jawline and under neck so may need to try a lower setting especially when going against the grain

Will work on my photo game..

Attachments

• IMG_0372.png
    IMG_0372.png
    483.5 KB · Views: 15
Today's shave:

rdt240817.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Kalyptos
- Mühle Kosmo STF
- Mühle Kosmo with Sputnik blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

:D

Vito's red soap
Highlander brush
Edwin Jagger de89
Astra SP
Tobacco aftershave
1000034008.jpg

Visiting parents for the weekend. Used my Edwin that I left here and borrowed my father's brush and soap that I supplied to him earlier this year. Vito's performed really well and I see why it has so many fans. Edwin has proved yet again that it is fantastic shaver and as @Satanfriendly said it has to be in every den even though I used astra sp with it which is not my go to blade.

Saturday 17 August

Occams OREN #3
Feather Pro Guard x4
Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre ( thanks Jon @jphelan81 )
Joserra Red Note
Avon Musk vintage

The Oren again performed faultlessly as did all other parts of the shave combo. BBs in 2 passes and pick ups. I’m waiting to see how far I can push this blade before it rolls off the edge.
The Simpson with its attractive Nebular pattern handle and a 30mm knot is the fatest brush I’ve used to date. It’s so soft on the face that I felt I could keep brushing for ever without causing any irritation. I’m almost at the point of wondering why I use badger brushes at all. But let’s not start an argument now over that particular chestnut :ROFLMAO:

Have an enjoyable weekend fellas!

IMG_0762.jpeg

Vito's red soap
Highlander brush
Edwin Jagger de89
Astra SP
Tobacco aftershave
View attachment 124029

Visiting parents for the weekend. Used my Edwin that I left here and borrowed my father's brush and soap that I supplied to him earlier this year. Vito's performed really well and I see why it has so many fans. Edwin has proved yet again that it is fantastic shaver and as @Satanfriendly said it has to be in every den even though I used astra sp with it which is not my go to blade.

Indeed. Should be a compulsory 'must have'. Otherwise folk should burn. Oh, I do.

Saturday 17 August

Occams OREN #3
Feather Pro Guard x4
Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre ( thanks Jon @jphelan81 )
Joserra Red Note
Avon Musk vintage

The Oren again performed faultlessly as did all other parts of the shave combo. BBs in 2 passes and pick ups. I’m waiting to see how far I can push this blade before it rolls off the edge.
The Simpson with its attractive Nebular pattern handle and a 30mm knot is the fatest brush I’ve used to date. It’s so soft on the face that I felt I could keep brushing for ever without causing any irritation. I’m almost at the point of wondering why I use badger brushes at all. But let’s not start an argument now over that particular chestnut :ROFLMAO:

Have an enjoyable weekend fellas!

View attachment 124035
Always warms my heart when I see my donations end up in a Goode home.

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

17/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm Faux Pony
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Kai Captain Protouch MG
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 34 (1).jpg
The Hawk is a crackin' little razor and today it delivered the goods in 2 very comfortable passes.
I am really enjoying the MDC this month well matched with the Mäurer & Wirtz 4711.
Enjoy your day all.

Aug 17th
20240816_204137-01-01.jpeg
Razor - Rockwell 6c R4
Blade - Shark SS #1
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - DR Harris Sandalwood
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh & Stirling Arkadia
The Rockwell was smooth as usual - so no different there. I remember the Shark being a smooth but sharp blade - and I do get on quite well with the Lord blades.
Soap produced and super slick lather with a delicate scent - like it alot.
And a woody, earthy post shave finishes proceedings nice.
Take care all, have a great weekend and enjoy your shaves.

Back
Top Bottom