SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

Sunday 18 August
If you like tobacco smell Mike @Mike Smart you must try this one from Joserra. The smell is intoxicating and the soap looks like it must contain the crushed contents of a whole box of Cuban specials. Mind you the pot lid does say it all and he does have a very long smoker don’t you think :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, the shave was excellent, the ATT is an aggressive tool and care is needed even with the Pro Guard. The Chubby again did a splendid job of delivering a great lather.
Have a great Sunday fellas!

IMG_9556.jpeg

Sat 17th August

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
R/R Syn brush
Mondial Tobacco Verde soap
Alpha Claymore V2 + Ti handle
Schick Proline?

Away with sister in law and shaving as officiating today. Up early as having to travel from Essex back to Kent for the Match , so took time with the Shave - do not like position of mirror which makes a Shave difficult - a better result than usual In this bathroom.

18/08/24
Single Edge Sunday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 34 (2).jpg
I now feel very comfortable with the Kamisori style Feather DX. My 2 pass shave routine getting the job done without issue.
I found it to be the only razor i have that the Light Blade fits as it is shorter in width than all of the other AC blades, the blade edge is just visible, therefore taming the razor and has allowed me to get used to the razor hold positions and shave angle without too much worry.
Enjoy your day all.

18 August

SV 70th Anniversary
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
SV 70th Anniversary asl

50B9A289-6287-42FD-AF9C-CA41F98BB04F.jpeg
How to top Saturdays shave? Saponificio Varesino and the Vector. Yes, that did it. The superior lather of the SV soap and the extra sharpness of the Schick blade. A super Sunday shave… smooth, close and very comfortable. Lovely stuff.

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Gillette SharpEdge
Brush - Simpson Captain
Lather - Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

Forgot to include the blades in the photo… sorry Gillette SharpEdge fans…

After a couple of bad experiences last week I seriously considered using the cartridge today… glad I didn’t. Glorious two-passer + polish and sanity is restored.

I really like the performance of Phoenix and Beau soap. I thought I would prefer the “Gentleman’s Study” scent of the Spitfire, but I liked the Achilles Last Stand more. They’re both on the list.

Good grief… my face feels smooth. Time to relax with a cuppa… hang on a minute, my Rich Tea biccie is broken in half… have to dunk that carefully… it all goes down the same hole, I suppose.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday, everyone.

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg
Sun 18 Aug
Pre-shave - noxzema
Razor - Gillette 109 Black Beauty
Blade - Personna Platinum
Soap / Cream - Arko mixed with TOBS Organic fragrance free + rose essential oil
Brush - Yaqi Silvertip 24mm black marble
Post shave - Noxzema

Picked up the badger brush on eBay as it’s better for my conscience that way. It seems way bigger than 24mm but I think is a great bush - v soft and created a luxurious lather.

I think the Noxzema suits me better as a pre-shave - skin felt a bit taut post shave.

Have a great evening

Sunday 18th August

AP1GczPOtYIsPbIIlKYXmqr0i8EbJLIqq9XgfJjXbsq0xFES0-Y_23SDy0Ld5ljMxOfooORTb1WXEaTLBrYqqptonVAf9NwbTD8rt4Jf13D5QS-8yT-ow8FmLHbggke8Rh_fkjSFNFpEkVmF9H5YRLTA9NC5VA=w800

Omega Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog Pure Bristle
Wilkinson Sword Profile (Swivel) & Schick Platinum Plus Cartridge (4)
Floid (Black) Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom