SOTD : Saturday 17 th to Friday 23 th August

18/08/18
Pre Shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious space
Soap: P&B Star Noir
Razor: Rockwell Model "T" Adjustable
Blade: Indian Gillette 7 'o' Clock Permasharp Green (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Splash #2
Balm: Bart's Orange & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Just Neroli

MT, P&B,Y Mys (1).jpg

No Shave Yesterday as I had a lazy day in. Leaving plenty for the Indian 7OC to go at this morning.
A DFS+ Finish today, I am sure I could get another shave from the blade although I decided against it and placed it in the Blade Bank.
I Kept the Razor set to #3 for all 3 passes and it seemed to work better for me, still very comfortable and nothing at all from the block.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the Copycat Just Neroli.
So Feeling good about that shave, I really like this Model T, I will use a better blade in it for its next outing to see how it goes.
A very comfortable post shave feel & smelling really good, well I think so, as I know the Neroli is not to everyone's taste.
Dogs walked and ready for my visit with the Mothership.
Enjoy your Sunday All.

SOTD 20190818.

MaPu7fn.jpg

Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
TFS "Sotto la Mole" shaving soap (sample).
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (3).
Hugo Boss "Bottled" EdT.

Sunday's Shave

Preshave: Heno de Pravia
Soap: Martin De Candre - Original
Razor: Karve Solid Bar D Plate
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic Fan 24mm
Blade: Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Splash: Razorock Puros
Balm: Barts Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: Oud Intense

IMG_20190818_111148714.jpg

@Digimonkey very kindly gave me a whole lot of Russian blades and I have been working my way back through them , this one is rapidly becoming a favourite. Rapira Swedish Steel , it works well in all my razors for me and seems to really suit the Paradigm.

Sotd-18-8-19.jpg

Sotd - yesterday - Saturday the 17th of August

Razor - Merkur 37c
blade - Aussie Spoiler (14)
soap - Salter lavender - tallow
brush - AP Shave - silksmoke
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - De Vergulde Hand
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Result - just fine.

Six days growth removed - not sure how that happened - must try harder. The Caron scent has become an instant classic for me - I guess that why they have been selling it since the 30s - opens lavender - ends up vanilla and musk. Excellent projection and longevity. Old school - nice - very nice indeed - like the Salter soap - one of the best I own - at any price. Have a good week all - enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

Sunday 18th August
Alpha Outlaw - De Vergulde Hand Stick - Pal Injectomatic - Vintage Pal Blade #1 - Alum - Tabac A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
87vkD9A.jpg

With the debut of my newly acquired Pal, I decided to use one of the included Pal blades. I was so impressed with the Pal Injectomatic/Blade and the DVH stick; I decided to have a stick fest over the next few shaves to see how the blade performs.

Sun 18th August

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Lea Classic Soap
Schick "O" Clone
Schick Twin - Japan [ 4 ]
Lea Classic A/S lotion

A nice start to this rotation with the "O" Clone. It is very smooth and forgiving but without any great effort, a good close all round finish is attained,. This is probably my favourite Injector taking a Twin Blade, for some strange reason I am not fond of the Schick Adjustable and have not used one for some time.

IMG_0625.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday AM 2019-08-18

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (2 ring) (30/52)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (v.1)
Gillette New LC/UFO U2
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (20)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

Another excellent warm morning setup and shave, closer and smoother than any in the last week or so, even at the 20th shave with this blade. And it amazes me that I used to avoid open combs...
1xkl6fa.jpg

5B32F211-D721-4B7B-B4D0-581BDFF6C97F.jpegSunday

OSP Barbershop
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS
Personna Med Prep #5
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite

I've been comparing the Yaqi to my RazoRock brushes and, for all it's a good brush (imo), it doesn't feel as soft. It's a bit springy; and it shed a few bristles (probably quality control). That said, though, it is a keeper.

Speaking of trials, the Med Prep has had five outings and I think it's a great blade. Certainly up there with my other current favourite; the Gillette Silver Blue.

So, a great shave with the R41/OSS/iKon/Personna team. Smooth (incredibly smooth) and freezing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom