Monday

Erasmic cream
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Steve Woodhead Ceramics bowl
Gillette SS Red Tip (U.S., 1955)
Personna Med Prep #1
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore

Fancied a change tonight. Cream and bowl lathering; incremental drops of water etc. (just to keep the skills up). The Erasmic May be cheap as chips; but a little goes a hell of a long way. It could have been a five pass shave tonight, had I not ended up looking like Hellboy.

The Med Prep blade performed very well in the Red Tip, which is one of the more assertive Flare Tips.

Lest the rumours start, the Liz Earle stuff belongs to Mrs. Scotshave...

9DB4CB07-5232-466E-900D-9E3DBC0F905D.jpeg

Sun 18th Aug
Prep: Hot face wash Pears
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernian
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Gillette Tech Hybrid
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword (1)
PSB: Sainsburys Men Advance
Mon 19th AUG
Prep: Hot face wash Imperial Leather Gentle Care
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Gilltte Tech Hybrid
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword (2)
AS: Old Spice
PSB: Nivea Sensitive Cooling

19/08/19

Razor: Yintal Brass
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Monster Barber Pole
Soap: ES Citrus Kiss
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: ES Duine Fon Choill
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20190819_190246.jpg

Another DFS with the Yintal. I agree @culcreuch that it's a good efficient razor. I needed for it to be rubbish so I could just keep the handle but like the Orange Yaqi I purchased, it's turned out to be a keeper! Great value at <£10 for a brass handled razor!

@chris.hale challenged my assumption a while ago that the 30mm brush was too big for face lathering. I'm glad he did as the brush has turned out to be a great face latherer and works splendidly with the ES cream.

Executive Shaving handmade bowl
AP Shave Co. Synbad brush
Gentlemen's Face Care Club Premium cream
Razorock Game Changer .84, iKon Bulldog handle
GSB blade
Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair toner
Barts Balm Lime ASB

Sorry no pic. Had a strange desire after WTG & XTG passes to do another pass in XTG opposite direction with a Mach 3 cart. Not content with punishing my face in this manner, I did quite a bit of touch up with the M3 as well. Whilst initially it looked like a close shave was had, it was actually far from comfortable and my face still ached for some time afterwards. Not sure what possessed me as I haven't touched a cartridge for a while, but it's had me seriously considering getting rid of them, or passing them to the wife for her legs! About to fly away for two weeks, DE only! Onwards and upwards . . .

SOTD : 20th August 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Palmolive Classic & Arko Shave Sticks. (Grated)

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(3)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Old Spice ~Bearglove ASL Spray.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

The gillette 7'oclock SP/parker 87r paired together wonderfully,mowing through my stubble effortlessly.As always the Palmolive classic shave sticks / Arko hybrid provided me with a superb slick protective lather. Another classic inexpensive frankensoap duo that i could quite easily shave with 'forever', but like everyone else i like a variety with my shaving products.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom