SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

Monday 20th November

ADCreHfvHDgKkcGoVWeoYMSqx7LAtyTt9iI-xuSLW-xEwQB_hg1B_ZBxHZwskUaQCY9cM2JzFzGRKuZKiNR1lntXzRv5w2e7xb41rhAcpnJFTuWIMD9BZ-cQBgwRWG4Iglr-8yAGkO0OtwXGPkyJMhU1ykSWSA=w800

Ever-Ready 1912 (Brass) GB & GEM by Personna Stainless/PTFE (1)
Wickham 1912 South Sea Spray & Boots (Vintage) Shaving Brush
Hai Karate Aftershave

Great fun collecting vintage razors! Across the now over one hundred 1912s that I have in my collection, upon receiving this latest one it occurred to me that it is actually unique in my collection as until now, I did not have an unplated British example. This latest one is a pretty typical 1950s example (at a guess) which I have an advertisement of stating their sale in Woolworths.

Great fun, too, using my recently acquired vintage Boots shaving brush which really is an unruly fellow! I've named him Kurt (as in Cobain) since once wet, when looking down on the brush it appears to have a pretty rough and ready bleach job and I can see his roots quite clearly. He's also from the 1990s, at a guess.

Lovely to be back on the 1912, both razor and soap. Smashing shave all in and I had quite forgotten just how sharp and how efficient the GEM blades are, giving me a truly acceptable single pass shave.

Yeah, smashing! As was almost the case of the slippery ceramic brush hitting a ceramic basin ... almost.

Last edited:
SOTD Mon 20 Nov 2023
76EF2344-BF56-45D1-BDD1-F600247537E5.jpeg
A small break with my newish tradition. I usually shave every second day but my tremors weren’t too bad today and I wanted to try out the Chinese Tech that I got the other day. Thought I’d give the Lush Dirty sample another try as well, I only had a day’s worth of stubble and one quick pass with a brushless cream should only take a couple of minutes, right?
Wrong, oh, how wrong!
I was right last time about the Dirty - it is not nice! In fact it was awful. No cushion whatsoever, no glide, nothing, it was like just shaving with water. So, quickly whip up some Palmolive cream and try to finish, but no, wait, it was not just the non-soap, the razor was dragging as well. I’ve used my 70’s real Gillette aluminium tech a couple of times recently and got nice shaves, but this thing is abysmal, no matter what angle I use, it is useless.
I keep a couple of plastic Wilkinson Sword Everyday 2’s in the bathroom cabinet to edge my goatee (ooh, matron!) so grabbed one of them to finish off this ‘quick’ shave - which it did, quite well!
Apart from that, all okay I suppose, but can’t wait to get back to my Merkur’s tomorrow. Now for a short trip to the bin!
Last time I break with tradition!

You could try making your own MWF shave stick...Grated MWF/Kent, small amount of water, clingfilm rolled into a compressed stick/sausage. Hey presto!...Will it work? it's worth a try.
iv been planning on doing it but iv never home long enough to relax. iv actually got a spare Old Spice Empty stick to try it with.
I’m sceptical whether it will mould properly but your right it’s worth a try

21st November 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Shaving Soap.
Razor: EJ DE89.'kelvin.' (Face) - Lord Silver Star. (D3)
Razor: Supply V2 (**) base plate. (Head) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D2)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion./Brut Sport Style ASL.

Greetings,

An early morning cold water head & face Shave,

It's been a while since I last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time.

A comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. The Supply V2 was the star of the shave this morning, mowing through my head stubble with effortless ease.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut Sport Style ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 21/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Givenchy Xeryus Rouge EdT