SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

Saturday's entry on a Monday and now Sunday's shave on a Tuesday. Sounds about correct.

Without going down the road of expletive organisations, those nice folk in charge of theming things have thematically awarded this SOTD the title, 'Well blow me down with an R89 and other tales of a feathery nature'

20231119_194354.jpg

Not a Feather - Muhle R89
Definitely not a Feather - Polsilver Lodz
Feathery but not - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Fluffy feathers - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
Feathers for fluffing - Collegen
In need of fluffing - Guerlain Homme

'Don't be ashamed my darling. I understand your employ as a fluffer. Mind if I watch?'

Feathers, invented so as to keep bird airborne. And later as the stuffing in duvets. It also happens to be one of the world's sharpest blades for use with the world's mildest razor. They could also be used as duvet filling despite possibly being a little on the dangerous side.

Step in the R89. A razor which shows the world how mild can also be efficient. Or in my case how brutish can be inefficient. Or quite a few other words that begin with 'in'. Inept, inefficient, insane, in-a-box (or should be).

Let those Swirling people from York do their swirling lathering thing with the wonderful swirling AP brush and then let those German razor manufacturing people take it all off.
Then let the grin appear.

The usual expected results from a terrific legendary razor and smiling all the way to tuck in to bed.

Bollocks, shit, arghhhh. 'I have been demasculated'. Wrong duvet

Hope you are all having a most smashing week and I shall sign off from uncomfortable bedding to those comfortable Japanese ladies 'Bed-In'

Tuesday 21 November
Will this Sputnik blade ever go dull? Today was its 6th use and it still performs like new. Not complaining of course and maybe the Tatara Masamune helped but boy what a great shave again.
The TFS Vecchia Torino soap has a grainy look in the pot but it lathers quickly and smoothly. One main pass wtg, followed by more lather and pick ups plus atg on the cheeks for a bbs finish.
Top job today.
Enjoy the day fellas, might be the start of a few dry days countrywide (y)

IMG_0385.jpeg

Tue 21st November

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
RR Hawk V1- Ikon
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 2 )

With skin problem sticking with failsafe AC/SE Razors and soaps. A quite pleasant Shave this morning and quick too, as only a days growth to deal with.
A busy day as have Home Visit by Cardiac Nurse, to assess effectiveness of medicine prescribed. Apparently my Oxygen/ Blood levels are low so am at risk, and need to take medication. After that we are at The Dentist !

IMG_0253.jpeg

Having trouble to access the bathroom I share with 3 women (wife and 2 daughters), this morning I could not reach out to the shaving stuff I was planning to use...
In the "spare bathroom" I found
Mitchell's
Ambassador with some blade in
A half dried boar brush
Floid when I re-gained possession of the master bathroom...

Not bad overall, but from now on I will leave usable brushes over there to avoid sandpapering my face

21/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 47 (4).jpg
Super smooth and comfortable from 2 passes with some touch up on the chin and top lip.
If i can get 3 quality shaves from this blade in the Dart i will be a very happy shaver.
Enjoy your day all.

Tue 21st November

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
RR Hawk V1- Ikon

With skin problem sticking with failsafe AC/SE Razors and soaps. A quite pleasant Shave this morning and quick too, as only a days growth to deal with.
A busy day as have Home Visit by Cardiac Nurse, to assess effectiveness of medicine prescribed. Apparently my Oxygen/ Blood levels are low so am at risk, and need to take medication. After that we are at The Dentist !

View attachment 113669

You be as well as you can be Mike. Thinking positive for you

Tue 21st November

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
RR Hawk V1- Ikon

View attachment 113669
Take Care mate & Get well soon

Razor = Mulhe R41
Blade = Personna Lab Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Highlander Brush ( Hibernian ) :love:
Soap = Mastro Miche Zihuatanejo with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser
IMG_0027.jpegAnother Brush arrived today from Gile today and another masterpiece,
I say masterpiece but it’s really a Maestro as that’s the name of the knot lol.
Because i like this one so much iv pretty much just ordered another.
I’m going to get myself 365 brushes so i can use one a day
well i’m not & have zero intention but that seems to be the way it’s going lol.
The soap is the last of my new ones and i genuinely love the smaller tubs, which means getting through them quicker.
Plus for me on a personal level they are cheap enough to take abroad and not worry about my suitcase going missing.
Iv got really in to the R41 recently but today was different,
Today was more aggressive & not in a good way
Normally i go for 3 passes even although i don’t need it but 2 was plenty,
Perhaps it was the blade combo although my last two shaves with the Lab Blue were first class,
Who Knows.
Anyway Gentlemen enjoy the rest of the week

21 November

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson M7
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

View attachment 113683
The R101 was close but so was this Rockwell 6S with the 4 baseplate, and much more comfortable. Great to have some Signature Soap again. Smooth shave.
Thank you. Take care, best regards Brian

Tuesday 21st November

ADCreHdJfgYV1nW_NxU9kvSfvAabatbqYPu06DE-sUdaEUfTbRrT_hcTAk7RaZ0nqjuA-2VxPLYjr5rgs-ueX-tPtis0OXsVp0BylhfpRHtcKc_0hzTcAQuqOxfV_nv19Y3ZY2rVstjjU0eUvZSo80ZNwELN_g=w800

Ever-Ready 1912 (Brass) GB & GEM by Personna Stainless/PTFE (2)
Wickham 1912 English Rose & Boots (Vintage) Shaving Brush
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

Continuing a week with Wickhams 1912 ... and a 1912.

Back
Top Bottom