SOTD: Saturday 2 December - Friday 8 December 2023.

We played marbles midday, but we knew it as Alleys. We couldn't play on the road or the pavement, so we played it in the gutter - watching out for drains. It was village life and traffic, but there was concrete all around the school. In autumn, conkers was more popular.
Same here conker tournaments in the autumn.

SOTD: 3rd December 2023.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D2)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

03/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Heinr. Böker "Piccadilly" 7/8
Blade - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 49 (2).jpg
A very nice bit of sink time with the very vocal Böker.
Cars cleared of last nights snow ready to take Mrs TC for a weekly shop.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 03/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Shulton Old Spice Stick
Aftershave: Mäurer und Wirtz 4711 Original Eau de Cologne
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Just realised: if I had used one of my Schick Injectors, it would have been a full vintage shave. Hard- and software (apart from brush and bowl) more than 30 years old! Nice shave it was though. Enjoy your Sunday!

03-Dec
20231203_093415.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: RR Wunderbar
Blade: Treet Platinum

Cracking lazy shave this morning, I was going to opt for the straight again but I did have to get a move on this morning to 'help' finish decorating...ok well by help I mean going in and out of the attic to grab the mountain of crap and rigging up some window lights, the bulk is done by the Mrs and the little one (which is then redone on the sly by the Mrs again).

Anyway, I digress, the shave was brilliant. I am genuinely chuffed by this wunderbar. With the weight and the build it has surpassed my 39C as my go to, wonderfully smooth and irritation free.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 3 December
Grabbed a 1930s LeResche, a French made, Gillette type oc from my collection, not sure why, I just did. LeResche also marketed blades, although today I used the ubiquitous Personna Super USA, 7X
Henri et Victoria badger, Martin de Candre Vetiver completed the combo.
2 passes and pick ups was enough for bbs finish, although my face did feel a tad sore afterwards. I don’t think it was the soap which is really mild so probably the older blade in the slightly aggressive oc head was responsible. A good application of some Gillette moisturiser gel and calmness was soon restored to the old fizzog.
Have a great Sunday fellas!

IMG_0397.jpeg

I believe kids have to wear protective gloves nowadays if they play confers at school :oops: . Getting your knuckles rapped was all part of a boys right of passage in the past.
That's what happens when you have OCD politically correct woke school headmasters... That's why we have a nation of "snowflakes", these rules are killing traditional childhood games. Teach respect and common sense, which seems to be missing these days, through the very dangerous "woke" culture that our children have forced upon them in the classrooms and media throughout the world.

Last edited:
Prepn: warm water face wash in bowl
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Semagogue badger
Soap: Signature Lindinis
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Mr bombastic super 3 pass shave.
Ukrainian in laws arrived last night. Hope to spend time enjoying politically incorrect humour, drinking and eating unhealthy food over the next 4 days.Or however long they stay.

Sun 3
Soap & Aftershave Smoking Monsters Zen Tea & A&E Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gold Dollar 208
This soap is creamy and slick, and together with the splash, smells wonderful!
This razor is just awesome! It's already good with the diamond balsa 'laser' edge but my face prefers a natural edge nowadays so put it through the HBA. Wow! Feels more comfortable and yet still very keen...I like it even better now!
20231203_160131.jpg

Sounds good!
The soaps have lasted this long. Seems a shame to use them up if I don't have a replacement on hand.. . Or is it just me? When it's gone it's gone, and eventually they'll all be gone if someone doesn't keep one back. That's my thinking, anyway.

I may use one of my five imperial leather Chubby shave soaps/sticks one day!

There are degrees of standing within the Cult of the Past - I'm a mere consumer, while you're clearly a custodian.

If you'd like to try some of the P&M, I'll happily smack it out of the pot and grate a little off the base for you.

Back
Top Bottom