SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

Friday

Face - Yaqi Excalibur + Schick Proline (4)
Head - Leaf + Gillette Super Thin
Semogue Owners Club
Signature Soaps Capra Alavana
La Toja After Shave
Lea Sensitive Balm

IMG_9799.jpeg

What a great week of shaves with with the Capra Alavana it whips up a great lather and post shave feel is fantastic.

Fri 8th March
Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
Yaqi Raster V2
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

Last used this Razor with a Kai MG blade and it did not go all that well, so decided to retire it early. Today chose a Kai pink instead, which worked quite well but rather easily got a couple of weepers on the chin.Will next time out try a heavier handle than the old EJ one currently fitted to see if the extra weight helps.

IMG_0304.jpeg

SOTD: 08/03/2024

Razor: Yaki The Final Cut
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

8 March

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Mühle Travel
Mühle R89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver And Sandalwood balm

D3579CF6-1AF2-451E-B878-C82C7D3176E8.jpeg
Good stuff. Having checked the ingredients, the Men’s Grooming after shave balm has menthol in it. Quite a bit of it, and quite unexpected in a balm, which accounts for the “burning” last time! :).

Friday 8 March

Treen shave bowl (can’t remember what soap is in it but it lathers well and smells great) and a Treet blade today. Flatboy from Razorine and Gillette junior brush.
Not used Treet blades before and am unsure about them after this shave. It was very sharp (one weeper) but it didn’t provide any feedback, and certainly little if no noise. What you need when working out how much pressure to apply. It could just be the razor which seems on the mild side but even so ……. Anyway I’ll use the blade tomorrow in a different razor and see if this is the case. We all know that different blades work better in certain razors than others.
Enjoy the rest of a beautiful day fellas!

IMG_0520.jpeg

20240308_173754.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Muhle R41 Twist
Blade - Asco SS
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Superdrug Forest Fresh

20240308_181621.jpg

Boiler's broken! So bowl lathered with boiled water to get a warm lather. I usually face lather. So I checked an extra 3rd pass in too as I was messing things up. Lovely close shave for the last day with the Twist.

Friday 8th March

AP1GczN6mE_Cs2rChkUwl2Ejvk7tuwRa-tdlxOAj9_MvE3ppV7o99ImgzOmBbM_WUbY7dt19IXlg9gZaZBjzCALfmw-ueo-9k3a4mS7jlD3d4lpiqB2Xe7q5eB3NeM7imHyLK35VSW5p7PsylCjl3oq4YSoV_A=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & RACER Platinum (1)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

By 'eck! I'm glad I didn't dither over whether or not to get a 100 pack of these RACER blades. I recall when I was assembling the whole range for my run through of the entire Lord house @donnie_arko rather excitedly popped me a message about someone selling the platinum RACER and so I bagged a pack. While running through Lord house, I concluded that the Lord own Platinum was indeed top dog with RACER and ASCO as what I think are premium brands and not a million miles behind. While the Lord Platinum is (I believe) sharper, the RACER Platinum is smoother and after the first two or three strokes each side to get things started it was smooth sailing thereafter.

What a lovely shave!

... errr, who was it that was saying the thought these had a good edge and a bad edge? Was it @Weean? I'm not sensing that off this first blade but that's not to say there might not be something in the batch of 100 that I have. How are others getting on with these?

I've only used two to their end but found them to be consistently very smooth and plenty sharp enough.
Really glad I got them
Friday 8th March

AP1GczN6mE_Cs2rChkUwl2Ejvk7tuwRa-tdlxOAj9_MvE3ppV7o99ImgzOmBbM_WUbY7dt19IXlg9gZaZBjzCALfmw-ueo-9k3a4mS7jlD3d4lpiqB2Xe7q5eB3NeM7imHyLK35VSW5p7PsylCjl3oq4YSoV_A=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & RACER Platinum (1)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

By 'eck! I'm glad I didn't dither over whether or not to get a 100 pack of these RACER blades. I recall when I was assembling the whole range for my run through of the entire Lord house @donnie_arko rather excitedly popped me a message about someone selling the platinum RACER and so I bagged a pack. While running through Lord house, I concluded that the Lord own Platinum was indeed top dog with RACER and ASCO as what I think are premium brands and not a million miles behind. While the Lord Platinum is (I believe) sharper, the RACER Platinum is smoother and after the first two or three strokes each side to get things started it was smooth sailing thereafter.

What a lovely shave!

... errr, who was it that was saying the thought these had a good edge and a bad edge? Was it @Weean? I'm not sensing that off this first blade but that's not to say there might not be something in the batch of 100 that I have. How are others getting on with these?

Back
Top Bottom