SOTD: Saturday 2 September - Friday 8 September 2023

0FE0E16F-EB9C-473C-8F4C-2155628E54B1.jpeg
SOTD 02.09.2023

Preshave: Proraso green (activated in hot water)
blade: Big ben super Stainless steel
razor: Mjolnir by Sbarba
soap: AYLM hard soap Tabacco blu
brush: Boti N3C synthetic bristles
Aftershave: Floid genuine year 2012 (not in the picture)

First time using this razor, just arrived from Italy. Stainless steel 303 CB, no details known on gap or exposure. It feels like a neutral exposure and medium gap. The skin feel is ok in first pass, however I did not find it easy to use on ATG as I had difficulty finding the right angle and the fact I could not feel the blade did not help. I feel I am getting to prefer more slightly positive blade exposure and mild gaps for my delicate skin.
I will definitely try it again with all my selection of blades until I get used to the weight and angle of the razor and reaching full BBS.
Let’s see…

Sunday 3rd September

AIL4fc9RXeSMP52oS3ZTvfpjcDz8OJwJFLjg8toEbSDN7DpC-32bT8Z7TsWRoqnzdnYJ9_rgGzdS6WybAWuuP5wF92s0xyGUcL-jC_TF0JBRq-MCoAB36ByHSMUcdhKJJuBYhI9YlAAuhOQv9D59PzsEzKpTTA=w800

TFS RasoZero Agrumella Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
GEM 1912 (Australian) w/Bakelite Handle & GEM by Personna (Stainless/PTFE) (9)
Akcay Tutun Kolonyasi

Smashing set of shaves with this setup over the last week and a bit ...

Onwards with the Gillette Guard for a couple of weeks now. Malta, here we come!

SOTD 04-Sep
20230903_124751.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: DG Unconditional Surrender
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Wizamet

Very good shave this morning, the 39C is effortless. Nice smooth finish with zero irritation. So far my small dabbling in slants has been a success, I'll see how far down this avenue I go!

Hope everyone has a grand week.

Cheers

Marc

Sun 3
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor & Blade Fatip OC/ Perma Sharp
These soap, brush, and splash combinations are just terrific! Smells wonderful and the lather is superbly rich creamy and slick! This excellent razor is intuitively easy to use and paired with a good blade, enjoyed 3 smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230903_210054.jpg
Mon 4
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Lovely combination of soap, brush, and matching splash. Smelling wonderful with a rich creamy and slick lather!
Enjoy a pleasantly smooth and comfortable shave with this excellent razor...
20230904_132750.jpg

Last edited:
4/9/23

Pre - Mitchell's
Brush - Highlander TSR LE #1/ Boti Pink 24mm
Soap - Kent
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Permasharp Stainless (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice (India)

I received this glorious work of art of brush from @gile a few weeks back and I was thinking of using it straight away. However, as it was my birthday shortly I was holding it back to use it for the first time on my birthday. And so I did, and what a fantastic brush it is! It put a huge smile on my face. Aside from looking beautiful, the ergonomics of the brush are truly wonderful. It fit my hand perfectly!

It performed quite beautifully to build a glorious lather with the fat. The Boti Pink seems quite close in performance to the ApSc SynBad, I'm sure I will get a better idea once I have used the brush a few more times.

I find the Permasharp takes a few shaves to get to its best, which was it today.

I finished the shave with one of my special reserve Aftershaves. The Indian plastic bottle Old Spice is a touch deeper, richer and less sweet than the glass bottle current production made in Italy one.

Superb shave from the start to the finish.

Happy 61st Birthday to the fine gent and mod @Tony'schin

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230904_123117.jpg

Back
Top Bottom