SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #2
Argan Oil

Good efficient shave leaving a smooth face only marred by a couple of weepers under the jawline sorted by cold water only, the Argan oil restores some protection to the skin as I work outdoors in all weathers and the wind and cold damages the skin quickly.
W. - if you haven't tried it - I find - Signature Capra is fantastic when my skin has taken a kicking due to the weather. I normally go for the unscented - but also have the Capra Deva - Rosemary & Lavender - same soap-base but with a nice smell added. Both count as first aid for the face, in my opinion. - cheers - I.

W. - if you haven't tried it - I find - Signature Capra is fantastic when my skin has taken a kicking due to the weather. I normally go for the unscented - but also have the Capra Deva - Rosemary & Lavender - same soap-base but with a nice smell added. Both count as first aid for the face, in my opinion. - cheers - I.
Cheers Iain

Saturday 20th January

ABLVV86ERF0i60U1pgVKuc9Vz49b117EHiCpaNqgoC3f7HboI3v8KC1u7YGSweNUG6MosU3d8hdAX2jg7iLQoNBqqHZF-TIM6vL-7fUqddZtW6_0LZMvz6pexhbVEi4enbsAg8OxM-PEPcdz20LOc4MmlhJM6Q=w800

Coty Avocado (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech & BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
Coty Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

SOTD Sat 20 Jan 2024

Almost late post of Saturday shave (been watching Independence Day - had forgotten how good it was)
24468FAE-260A-464F-AFBF-C1D3C3B3963C.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic (finished? No, still some left, can’t believe it!)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic (slightly used but new to me - and seems quite lather thirsty!)
Razor - Merkur 38c
Blade - Shark SS (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Milano Nuit

Refreshment - cup of tea again, I know, but I enjoy it (Farrer’s Afternoon Blend)

Now that I have more creams I am better positioned to compare them. I find the Palmolive fantastic for the price and the tubes appear to be never ending. It is certainly slick and robust enough for a nice shave but I find it not as protective as some (some alum sting, no matter how careful I have been) and the face feel afterwards does not compare with the likes of Trumper’s or even Body Shop. Good, uneventful shave however all told and quite enjoyable, despite the sounds of the latest storm gathering force outside.

F4AD7E11-DC79-41CC-AC70-07895E444A56.jpeg
Who’s a good girl then?
I have no idea, and to be honest, I’m fed up waiting to find out!
Awww, cute!
Awww, AWWW - GRrrrr!
Oh, ok, it’s you, you are, you!
Me, really, oh good, nice to know all the hard work hasn’t been wasted!

Last edited:

SOTD: 21st January 2024.

f.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap+Cussons Imperial Leather Bar Soap+Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 21st January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja soap- grated
Schick N3
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 1 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

A lovely Sunday morning Shave, with the N3, and a fresh blade. This is my favourite long handle Schick, for me better than the Adjustables and works so well with a Twin blade.
A dress up day as being treated to Sunday lunch by Nephew, who is visiting Kent from Cheshire. Must be at least 7 years since we went out for Sunday Lunch, fingers crossed it is good as I named The Pub.

IMG_0917.jpeg

21/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 4 (2).jpg
Not a lot left in the Tub now, struggling to pick up soap with the larger brushes, hopefully it will last the week.
I did enjoy that.
Enjoy your day all.

• 3one6
  • Unknown travel boar brush
  • Personna Platinum {3}
  • The Traditional Shaving Co Leodis cream
  • Proraso white/sensitive balm.
This wee fella made it's debut today. Was my late father's brush. Been in a box for the past 12 years. Cleaned it up, and used it for the first time. Not used such a small brush before - took some patience. However, it worked a dream. Guessing it's from the 1970s, and no branding whatsoever. I have a vivid memory of seeing my dad lathering his brush from Imperial Leather hand soap. Maybe this is that very brush? The knot was as solid as a kilo block of Cella. Bit of a soak, and some practice lathers with MFW, and it was good to go!

The second debutant is the Leodis cream, which was very generously pif'd by our good friend @Digimonkey. Thank you, sir. A lovely cream to use. A familiar scent. But couldn't place it. I don't have a particularly great sense of smell, maybe similar to an EDT that someone I know uses....anyway, lathered very well and plenty of cushioning. Happy Sunday all.

PXL_20240121_104537555.jpg

21 January

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Chubby 2
Mühle R89
Kai Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

56A50377-1903-443F-8AA0-85DCD55E4C1F.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave. I love my Chubby 2 Manchurian, but, is it really 10x better than the Simpson Trafalgar T3? Probably not. It does, however, provide a wonderfully luxurious Sunday shave with my Simpsons cream. The R89 continues to shave well.

Back
Top Bottom