SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade- Gillette Perma-Sharp
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Trumper’s Spanish Leather

Not so good. I swapped the Perma-Sharp into the EJ and it didn’t go so well. The Rockwell is impeccable, but the EJ was definitely lacking a bit of peck with this blade. Can’t blame the prep or the lather.
Now I’ve cold-splashed and balmed it’s rather smooth, albeit with some irritation. When I started DE shaving about 12 years ago I would have taken this shave as a good result, but I’m getting used to (close to) perfection now.

IMG_0220.jpeg

Thursday 25th July

AP1GczNvEXKOPuWi41SuedLV86MCobgnGoERTq4UkYh9x129JbZIgx328MoEZFrdBfSJmevNNOm0pqKyvHeX-Jxxk3MP6HnizTnD7zsMqpkk8F_WYXVT8ddqIglZzIjkvvEBv3ZMZ8HxGycsst1ap3yPCYHs8Q=w800

Potter & Moore Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) w/Razorock HD Handle & Feather Professional (4)
Brut Splash-On Lotion

Same again ...

The P&M soap is luxurious!

24th July
20240723_115453.jpg
Razor - Parker 65r
Blade - Gillette Platinum #2
Soap - TDS Kosmetika Resin?
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Post - Cien Aqua Lotion & Lea 3in1 balm
Yesterday's shave was pretty disappointing as after the Parker's first shave in a couple of years I was expecting it to be a "keeper" in the Den. However, this was a rough shave, loads of blade feel and 5 weepers - which i never get with my other razors. Can't blame the prep, lather or the blade.
The Lea balm has a great menthol cooling feeling - shame the shave was rough and claret was spilt.
Parker has got one more chance.......
Enjoy your shaves all.

How's the brush working out?

... and I should bring my original model Classic into active service again soon.
Actually, it’s shaping up really well. Love the understated scritchiness of it, but I think it’s going to come into its own more with face lathering hard soaps (I’ve only used it with Proraso cream so far). Almost all my hard soaps are currently packed away in prep for emigration but I think I’ve got a La Toja stick in a drawer somewhere. I’ll keep you posted!

I had a nice day. And then I shaved. This is my shave. It is themed, 'Nice coconuts'

No it isn't. It's toss

20240725_194639.jpg

Nice razor - Ikon B1
Nice blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Nice brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Nice soap - Signature top secret coconut
Nice moisturiser - Collagen
Nice Perfume - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse
Nice underpants - John Lewis

'I'm taking this one home t'wife'

'That would be nice'

It was a nice shave. I smell of fucking coconuts

Not nice

20240725_205139~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot shower.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 1.
Blade FlyDear (2).
Aftershave Inferno edt.

Second outing with the FlyDear blade on test and I paired it with my Stinger.
It was a very lovely match providing a great smooth shave, I am extremely surprised with the FlyDear, I will definitely buy a 100 just to use in the stinger at least and tomorrow I shall pop it into my Reggie's razors Mars, let's see if I can get at least 3 good shaves from it.
I finally finished the soap and the space is ready to be filled with The Watchman soap.
Have a great night all.

Back
Top Bottom