SOTD: Saturday 20 July - Friday 26 July 2024.

Wednesday 24 July

AP1GczNvEXKOPuWi41SuedLV86MCobgnGoERTq4UkYh9x129JbZIgx328MoEZFrdBfSJmevNNOm0pqKyvHeX-Jxxk3MP6HnizTnD7zsMqpkk8F_WYXVT8ddqIglZzIjkvvEBv3ZMZ8HxGycsst1ap3yPCYHs8Q=w800

Potter & Moore Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) w/Razorock HD Handle & Feather Professional (3)
Brut Splash-On Lotion

Same again ...

24/7/24

Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush - Highlander LE
Razor/Blade #1 - 1912/GEM
Razor/Blade #2 - Canada Tech/Perma Sharp
AS - Pitralon Classic

I've largely lost the pleasure in this hobby right at this moment in time, and I'm shaving after a week or so now, so I'm going with my solid set up for a 1912 for the first pass, Tech for the second. Nice shave, wonderful lather too.

IMG20240724164213.jpg

Razor =Karve CB Aluminium ( C )
Blade = Brazillian Wilko ( 3 )
Brush = C&H V16
Soap = Mamoth Indigo Mood.
Splash = Myrsol Astringent
Balm = Eternity By Calvin Klein.
IMG_2172.jpegBit of a miss match tonight and nothing really matched or went with each other but a great shave nonetheless.
This knot is one of the best in my C&H Collection with a little less gel than normal.
I just wish he started doing knots without gel.
then again i don’t really as i’d buy another.
Hasta la vista

24/7/24

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic

I've largely lost the pleasure in this hobby right at this moment in time, and I'm shaving after a week or so now, so I'm going with my solid set up for a 1912 for the first pass, Tech for the second. Nice shave, wonderful lather too.

View attachment 123049
It happens to us all mate
hopefully you get your mojo back soon,
i for one miss your posts

It happens to us all mate
hopefully you get your mojo back soon,
i for one miss your posts

Cheers Mike, I appreciate the kind words.

Over the last few weeks I've been having frequent issues with migraines and vertigo. My vision is often blurry, and I don't have the enthusiasm to shave as much as I used to. It's a temporary thing, I know I will be back.

24/7/24

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic

View attachment 123049

It is just shaving. You've got some good kit there and said you enjoyed it. Pleasure in the little things. Go easy.

Cheers Mike, I appreciate the kind words.

Over the last few weeks I've been having frequent issues with migraines and vertigo. My vision is often blurry, and I don't have the enthusiasm to shave as much as I used to. It's a temporary thing, I know I will be back.
That’s not good mate get to the optician for a quick check up.
probably nothing but better you get a we check up

SOTD 24-Jul
1000032018.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: CF Midnight Stag
Razor: Friodur 472

Whelp with notes Leather, Gasoline, Motor Oil, Smoke etc etc you know you're going to be in for something. After I whacked this on my face I felt the almost irrisistable urge to go out to the garage and start working on my bike.

To be fair I think the Mrs would have appreciated it if I had left to do just that. As soon as she caught a whiff it was an immediate wrinkle off the nose and a swift shake of the head.

Now I have to weigh up the enjoyment factor (and oddly I did enjoy it) vs the risk of being consigned to the settee, we shall see.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

24/7/24

Brush - Highlander LE
AS - Pitralon Classic

View attachment 123049

I don't have a clue where all my last shaves came from and even more mystified how I have managed to pluck this one from out of my backside. Guess this is what happens when I just make it all up.

Possibly being the reality is I am a bearded weirdo with a lot of shaving shite.

So where my last shave came themed with something to do with extracting things from my rear end, this one appears themed, 'Plucking my bottom'

20240724_180149.jpg
A plucking great razor - Stainless Mongoose
Plucking hell that's sharp - Schick Proline
A plucker of a brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Plucked and creaming - MDC Fougere
You balmy plucker - Collagen
Fucking great scent - Floris Jermyn

'I asked for a chicken which has been plucked and I get a girl dressed as a plucking chicken'

'I'll stay clear of this one though'

The return of the God razor. As I mentioned in reply to an observation made by @LeeMaz ,the thing about the Goose is it just delivers time after time with minimum fuss and effort. Not only that, it delivers excellence every time. This evening was no different. One plucking wonderful shave. Smooth, close, perfect. Quite the polar opposite of myself. So Mrs Satanfriendly keeps telling me. Or so I assume the words 'you're a twat' sway towards.

Since I was unusually out of order in leaving you high and dry and devoid of some Japanese ladies on my previous SOTD effort, I shall try my hardest not to be so disappointing this time around.

Some early Baby Metal and their quite spectacular Road to Resistance....

A kind of kindergarten Rammstein

And I love you all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom