SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

SOTD: 21st October 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Razor: Parker 24C. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men X-Bolt ASL./Cien Fragrance Free Sensitive Skin Moisturising Lotion ./ Gibellini X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to the weekend...I haven't used the HWF soap for a while and forgot how good it is for my mature skin.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Gibellini X-Bolt EdT. to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt2310213bdr2.jpg

- L'Occitane Cade
- StandoPolska Silvertip
- StandoPolska Chors with Feather blade
- Alpa Windsor aftershave

:D

Sat 21st October
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline ( ? )
After the first couple of strokes I should have halted the Shave. I was under the impression that the loaded blade was quite fresh, but it obviously was not. As a result of my stubbornness I was rewarded with a most unsatisfactory Shave. Next Shave will be with this Razor and a fresh blade.

3FF102F8-D6F6-4138-9DCD-A58B7D6365FA.jpeg

SOTD 21-Oct
20231020_153229 (1)-01-01-01-01-02.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SBS Wood Shop
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, sadly didn't have time for the straight but that'll come tomorrow. Nice smooth and irritation free finish. The scent on this SBS is very pleasant, if only I could get my hands on the EDP to finish it off. Might have to see if there is something similar floating around this side of the pond.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 21 October
I went with the Asylum Rx yesterday but fitted with a Schick Proline P-30, not the Titan mild pro touch mild I used in the Shield GR5. It’s quite a heavy razor even though I fitted a Shield titanium handle, and needs to be handled with due care and attention. However, it was early and I managed a couple of nicks on my neck, the first blood loss for quite a while. Today I went with the Yaqi Excalibur but fitted with a Titan mild pro touch MG. Result was not quite bbs but after yesterday‘s minor problem I was more cautious. I needn’t have worried though as this blade is exactly what it says on the box “mild”. I would say though that the Shield GR5 Titanium AC does give an overall better shave, helped a great deal by its lighter weight over the Excalibur.
On the lather front there were no issues, vintage ER brush still doing a sterling job distributing lather to the right places. Apothecary 87 shave cream decanted into a Treenware bowl has an amazing scent and I love using it.

Enjoy the weekend fellas,

IMG_0346.jpeg

21/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk43 (1).jpg
Brilliant Razor/Blade combo today producing a wonderful shave.
Looks like the worst is over with the storm and we have been lucky getting through it without anything major in our area.
Enjoy your day all.

Karve Overlander razor :: Voskhod blade (1) :: Highlander LE 2023 brush (tux) :: Signature soaps’ Vectis :: P&B Albion splash
View attachment 112526
The star of the show was the soap. My first encounter with Brian's soaps, and it certainly did not disappoint. Loads of thick and slick lather, excellent scent (subjectively ofc). A very pleasant shave.
Cheers, glad you like it. Best Regards Brian

21 October, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra: Spanish Fern
Fragrance: Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery
more than likely this will be my last shave for a few weeks.. throat operation on Tuesday, so no shaving up to op day to avoid cuts/nicks which may lead to infection...

Back
Top Bottom