SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

Saturday 21st October

ADCreHcHypUcdLwkw5Csc9_Rf43xU178_hFUcB8I5hL5n3qtGoH1x5aHkhwN26Bzkq_rfnyCvCoir-fxZMBs3xRubcrJkItMOCkplz_p6gGKjl5esHohzXvCNNSETPOPcWnUozMiH81TIn2NnJS5tYv-1TbLsQ=w800

Boots Old English Lavender (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Mohawk (Vintage) w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Leaf Twig & Gillette Permasharp Super (1)
Act Brito Eau de Cologne Lavanda (as Aftershave)

Damn good stuff, vintage Boots shving soaps!

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Charcoal Goods V3 L2 SB
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Soap: Signature Soaps - Ebacorum
Brush: DS Cosmetic 'Super Soft' - 26mm Synthetic

1000030506.jpg

Another very good razor / blade combination. Schick Plus Platinum can be a little rough for the first shave, but once bedded-in, they are both smooth and sharp and can last up to 8+ shaves whilst still performing.

@BrianH - The soap is from your original batch for testers manufactured just over 4 years ago. I put it away after a few initial test shaves and completely forgot about it. Still going strong, with no signs of deterioration whatsoever.

IMG_4351.jpeg

SOTD 21.10.2023

beard of 9 days

Brush: Boti 3NC
Soap: Tabacum by Panta rei
blades: Big ben
Razor: Merkur 34G

Away shave this time, back in Italy for some family holidays and decided to bring with me 34G which will be my away razor as well as the synthetic brush. I had a couple of new soaps to try, this being an artisanal one from sicily, apparently one of the best artisanal vegan base you can get from italy and among the finest original scents as well! a win-win basically. 10 swirls inside the cup, enough for my usual 2 passes and more left for a third one if needed. The synthetic is a high performance brush which always helps. The razor was really struggling in first pass being my whiskers over a week long, second pass was easier but hard to get a full BBS with this negative exposure razor. However the soap did an amazing job in protection and slickness which resulted in none irritations whatsoever. I am still struggling with an ongoing cluster of red bumps around the cheeks area which is not really improving, a visit to my dermatologist is due soon I think.

ciao ciao

Pre-shave: wash with warm water and Droyts Glycerine soap

No-name razor (I call it £6 wonder)
Treet Platinum blade (5)
Simfix synthetic brush
Proraso Blue (protective) preshave
Proraso Blue (protective) tube cream

Post-shave: rinse with shaving water, then cold water.
5 minutes later - the Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

IMG_20231022_020156.jpg

A lovely shave. I couldn't wish for better. I'm not certain the Proraso Pre-shave does anything, but I use because I have it. I wouldn't replace it when it's gone. I use it only with Proraso cream.
If you were wondering about the black wire shelf, I bought it from Temu.

Sun 22
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gold Dollar 208
RR soaps are just terrific for the value and quality...just a little dollop was whipped up nicely by the excellent brush into an amazingly creamy slick lather & together with the matching splash, smells so good!
Another super-value razor with an unbelievably awesome edge. Refreshed on the 0.1um diamond balsa and stropped on the roo leather, this GD provided a very satisfying shave...
20231022_105838.jpg

SOTD: 22nd October 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. /Aloe Vera Cooling Gel./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT.

Greetings,

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly this morning resulting in a enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups DFS/ near BBS shave with no errors to report.

The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe cream is such a great performing shaving cream.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD: 22/10/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Voskhod Teflon, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Enjoy your Sunday!

SOTD 22-Oct
20231021_141001-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Nice relaxing one this morning, took my time just for the hell of it. Plus I needed to mentally prepare myself for the list of jobs to do today, on the plus side I'm close to getting the garage in working order after the dump site it became with my bench in its rightful home!

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom