SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

SOTD Thursday 26th October 2023

415854C3-4CD0-47FF-BCBD-827298D65358.jpeg
Pre - shower, Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Famlilia synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Treet Platinum (1) courtesy of gentleman shaver of this parish @Ebberman - many thanks!

Post - cold face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum,
Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Refreshment - definitely a small beer!

Now that is smooth! 2 1/2 pass no tidy up. Face feeling great, no alum sting, just smooth!

Evening all…

D1379F4F-D44C-47A5-91E3-768ABD297270.jpeg
Ah, there she is!

Thursday 26th October

ADCreHfOU4SEYLuqyajGXAOrUfJFOWkO2jez8syNiF6Zemz4mMi_9i20HWLwFaAYeNviGlnd4NAL26Sz6cl5nhnLf1z9kFG0e8uGM6G82eRqTuf7ItnVdCNWwgVi6lSolaclBK-_hLcQtCXCx-uFpB30rNdIZw=w800

Gillette Classic Shaving Cream & Kent Infinity+ Silvertex
Gillette G2 Plus & Gillette G2 Cartridge (4)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Blade - Treet Platinum (1) courtesy of gentleman shaver of this parish @Ebberman - many thanks!

Now that is smooth! 2 1/2 pass no tidy up. Face feeling great, no alum sting, just smooth!

My top blade, consistently delivering the kind of shave I like. I'm generally a use three times only kind of fellow when it comes to DE blades but the Treet Platinum always does four, for me.

Lovely doggie!

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Reggie's Razor - Titan
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

The razor arrived safely last Saturday but due to a very busy life at the moment did not have a chance to give it a try. This morning I loaded up my go to blade and gave it a go. It's early on but I have to say first impressions are very positive. Good build quality, attention to detail and nicely packaged. I'll give it a few more shaves before getting into how it performs.

Titan 1.jpg

Last edited:
I have been thoroughly disinterested in the shaving hobby of late so have been lax on the posting front. Ultimately I just haven't found a combination to get remotely interested in of late. Pretty much every new soap I picked up didn't agree with me and ended up losing my way a bit. Anyway I digress..... Stuck with the SE vein tonight as it's just easy going, but shelved the Schick injector for tonight atleast.

1912 UK Made
GEM blade
P&B Bluebird K7
Oumu Badger Brush
Nivea Sensitive balm
Old Spice Balm to finish

Couple of passes did the job, couple of days growth for my tough beard is never the best but the 1912/GEM combo did the job. Still a great budget vintage razor to have in the collection.

Stay well all

Last edited:
SOTD 27-Oct
20231026_132419.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: PAA Blue Samhain
Razor: Razorock Wunderbar
Blade: Wizamet

Wonderful shave this morning, along with the 39C and the German it seems I get along nicely with slants, why didn't I discover this sooner! That Konsul needs to stop whispering in my ear though:
4520798.jpg

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

27/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Floïd SE Infused Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 43 (7).jpg
A nice bit of sink time this morning. My 2 pass shave routine with some touch up for a very nice finish.
I have decided to retire this blade, it has done well producing great shaves into double figures.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom