SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

1000011063.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Martin de Candre Agrumes.
Razors Leaf & Merkur 39c.
Blade FlyDear (4).
Aftershave Czech and Speake Cuba.

The MdC Agrumes continues to impress, and I have used the various brush types that I own, and not once has it failed to produce a lovely lather quickly and easily.
I will say, though, that the Badger for me seems to produce the best consistency.
I am definitely surprised that such a hard soap creates lather so easily and requires only an odd trip back to the jar during the shave.

My Merkur 39c slant always does a great job and is easily in my top 5 Razors right now. If you have a dying blade, pop it into this, and it will feel like it's first shave again
A lovely 2 pass and touch-up shave and a squirt of Cuba, and I look and smell heavenly.
Enjoy your day, everyone, and I hoped you enjoyed the exciting boxing last night.
Toodles.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

SOTD Monday 23 September
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Arko
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.
1st use on this blade from the Saloon pack.
Very nice daily shave to start the week. No weepers or irritation.

Arko isn’t to everyone’s taste regarding the scent, it can be a little citronella.
The scent does dissipate quite quickly, however the creamy dense lather from Arko is as good as anything.

I always bowl lather, similar method to Uncle Laurie, 2-3 minutes whipping a great lather.

- Anyone else use Laurie’s method?

73.jpg

23/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 - L4
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk39 (3).jpg
Wow, that was a nice shave, the L4 guard raises the blade feel again, it is still very usable and reminds me of some of the more efficient Vintage Gem razors i have.
The shave started with a wonderful lather whipped up on the chin, the scent of the Coria filling the room, very nice.
I completed a WTG pass, rinsed and checked, a very efficient pass. I lathered up and completed an ATG pass this where i usually feel the blade although it was still manageable letting me know how the blade was doing, still no issues, the rinse off and face check had only my normal stubborn areas showing. Now then, i cannot rinse away a good lather so decided on a full XTG pass, No issues and the rinse off check had me BBS.
I finished with a nice post shave routine and was surprised that there was no indication at all from the splash.
Yes, i do like this razor.
I have set the razor back down to L3 plate for its next outing.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom