SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

24/9/24

Soap - Tallow THE FAT
Brush - Zenith 2006
Razor - Gillette Slim Twist
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
AS - Brut Oceans

Time to make an apology to my little Zenith 2006 brush, I dismissed it without giving it a chance.

Initially I was a little disappointed with the brush, I thought it was a touch too floppy and lacked the backbone of the first unbleached Zenith I bought about 8 years ago. Ok, this 2006 isn't the scrubby brute the other one was but it's a glorious knot. It holds an easy 3 passes of lather with almost no bother, and this is using it with the Fat too, which can be a little finicky with some brushes from my experience too.

So here I am, sorry to my Zenith 2006, you are a great little brush!

I'd been using a lot of Gillette blades for a while, so I got a little bored with them and wanted to use something else. Took out one of my Supermax BDP blades which is a really smooth blade in the right razor. Nice shave.

1000019474.jpg

Razor = Wolfman WR1
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Boti 30mm
Soap = MWF
Splash = Old Spice White Water
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
IMG_2920.jpegFirst time on the fat for a while,
infact it doesn’t seem that far away it since fat february but iv been so busy every month is slipping away.
It really is up there for me is a favourite.
Nothing fancy just a fantastic easy to lather soap.
I genuinely think you can’t go wrong with most triple milled soaps.

animated-smileys-music-095.gif

LAAAAAAAADIES AAAAAND GENTLEMEN. WELCOME, WELCOME AAAAANNND.....

welcome to my first entry for this new week of SOTD's and it is with great pleasure I present you with a duo of shaves themed, 'Faith and crossing the road'

There is an old Chinese proverb which says 'A man who walks down the middle of the road can get knocked over by traffic coming from both directions'

'Edwin Crowthers is crowned world champion in the out running a Ford Super Speedster championships (12mph)'

Saturday

20240921_200033.jpg

Every faith - Ikon B1
Faith and fate - Polsilver Lodz
Cross hairs - Highlander LE 2023
Ye of little Faith - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
Faith no more - L'Occitane Cade balm
Legs crossed - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

'And that just about sums up how I feel about you. Rose Rouge or not'

A great way to start the new SOTD week and a perfect finish with the Ikon. And some swirling from York just adding to the vibrancy and charm. Which is more than I can say for a certain man from York who lacks both charm and vibrancy, whose wife knows more about charming vibrations as a result. Anyone got a couple of C-cell batteries?

Some charming Japanese ladies bashing the shit out of some instruments?

Sunday

A shave free day through being an idle bastard

Monday

20240923_131738.jpg

Cross breed - Stainless Mongrel Mongoose
Ever faithful - Feather Super Professional
Cross dresser - PAA Peregrino
Keep the faith - Proraso soap
Faith healer - Simple moisturiser
Blind faith - Hermes terre d'hermes

After taking several hours to extract the brush and the razor from the terre d'hermes it didn't take too long to do some serious Whipping then some heavy duty razoring (there must be something grammatically incorrect there, but sod it. I am just an ignoramus at my best). And what a very happy shave after being an idle bastard the previous night. Big grin value.

And I shall depart by leaving you with some big grin value ladies. Why, it's some more Aldious.

And I shall just go away, but not before I've told you, I love you all

For your info, it was the all male Japanese band Crossfaith which set me off down the road of girly music from Japan

Now all I have to do is trawl through several pages of SOTD's deciding if I love you or not. Which of course I do as I have already declared my undying love for you all

If you are thinking 'Thank fuck for his previous SOTD. Satan shall be no more for this week', then ye shall be cast unto the depths of my back garden. Without any toilet paper.

A second entry for this week and this evening's welcome sink time with the theme, 'Finesse, values, scruples and morals'. Because I don't have any of them

20240924_134922.jpg

Highly valued razor - Occams Enoch
Moralistic blade - Feather Super Professional
Brushing with finesse - AP 24mm Cashmere
Unscrupulous soap - Signature Condate
Well mannered moisturising - Collagen
Properly perfumed - Floris Limes

'I love a well mannered man with scruples, honesty and finesse'

'And that ma'am is why I chose to be a politician and avoid people like you'

Enoch, you are just so fucking brilliant. Thank you

A most bodacious of shaves and a most bodacious bunch of ladies

SOTD,Tue 24 Sep 2024

Tuesday’s, full of grace, shave
1720BA7C-8556-458A-BD82-78F5E739E8E8.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
DSCosmetic G7 brush
Feather Popular razor
Derby Extra blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Nivea Sensitive ASB
G.Bellini X-Bolt EDP

Not sure if I would call it a ‘graceful’ shave, but it was close, smooth and comfortable with cream and brush working a great dense lather and the razor and blade combo cutting through the stubble with ease. My face was left undamaged but feeling and smelling wonderful. Spent the afternoon putting my summer type clothes (t-shirts, chinos and trainers) to the back of the wardrobe and moving the winter stuff (sweaters, jeans and boots) to the front. Ah well, another summer gone (cue sarcastic laughter)!

Sandalwood SEptember

Tuesday 24th September

AP1GczNYKdG394m3C4W_vr8FuNXAY3EUA5o-m6mh8PvuscvATUiLVb1tHAZsODiTrgePAsLXT1FRMz0kEoKLWbF3Q7Kn3ZGBNwdExrYnVCSrst5lu_4K-jcskqbZoWJin3l97IF7oqvoXGh1_UoluWhAy_MXiQ=w800

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Vulfix 'Burlington' Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) & Feather Professional (7)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion

Same again, sorta ...

I subbed in my new acquisition, this lovely legacy shaving brush (click) which arrived today rather than the pictured Mohawk. The 'Burlington' is lovely brush to use and despite the rather old-looking bristles, they collected up the soap and lathered up a firm bulb of soap as well as any. Fun! I'll be back to the Mohawk tomorrow on ... for no other reason than that's what I had planned this week. I'll certainly be using the 'Burlington' again ... and soon.

AP1GczM7HvyOxdnBQAXmLvMqDUVvz798OKSsLHaxON1BAgYyTdrs90xOVrzLskRGaofKn2jLt0YNLr9qJ1e5VTyIOwg98-JAHXUvTy5LEmgx99A5CS7x-TF7-bHcT_p2-iI42owZ6LI1S7hiopVmGgzshsxgrA=w600

Back
Top Bottom