SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 September 2024.

26/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - GEM Jr. G3 1943
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk39 (6).jpg
A fantastic shave with the Military issue GEM Jr. I do like a nice brass razor. It is as smooth as silk on the skin, however, i find it an efficient, capable razor. This was a NOS razor when bought for me as a birthday present a couple of years back - What a lucky fella i am.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 26 September
So back with the Sabre, it’s true that after the GEM blade has had a few shaves under its belt things get a lot more comfortable for wtg and atg passes. Today level 2 which was perfect bbs, but thought I’d try out level 3 tomorrow just to check.
The Scheermonnik soap gave a very good lather with my ancient pewter handled brush. I say ancient but like Trigger’s dad’s broom it’s had a replacement business end, a synthetic brush.
Back to wet and very windy here still soon be winter and things will calm down I’m sure :ROFLMAO:

Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0793.jpeg

1000002525.jpg
SOTD September 26. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 (3)
Blade - Gem Stainless (4)
Soap - MDC unscented
Brush - Goodfellas Wild Hog
Post - Thayer's Astringent.

My first shave for a week or so but the Sabre & Gem blade mowed down my wirey grey stubble with ease leaving me as smooth as smooth can be!

Until the next time, take care and enjoy your shaves!

Paul.

1000010338.jpg
Good but I really like these blades in all the razors I've tried them in thus far and was expecting it to be a bit sharper but it had been in the Goodwill New yesterday.

The balm tubes are from Ebay for £2.99 delivered for 5. They're only 9ml each and I bought them for travelling.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: (SAMPLE) Nanny's Lavender
Additional Care:
Gillette Aftershave balm

Razor = Gillette Red Ring
Blade = Vintage Razer ? ( 1 )
Brush = Highlander Hibernian Coin
Soap = Stirling Sweet Stuff
EDP = Code
Balm = Rapport Black
IMG_2931.jpegBit of a homage to @NotTheStig for supplying everything except the Razor & Brush.
The Razor & Blade were a first for me and they gave me a damn fine shave.
Certainly not a bbs.
Whether it was down to the razor or the blade or me actually i don’t know.
The blade seems to be very good although i don’t know anything about it or where they come from,
Perhaps @NotTheStig can help me out.
The Razor was a joy to use although a slight bit of aggression under the nose which made me wary but all good in the end.
Always nice receiving new goodies :)

Last edited:
Razor = Gillette Red Ring
Blade = Vintage Razor ? ( 1 )
Brush = Highlander Hibernian Coin
Soap = Stirling Sweet Stuff
EDP = Code
Balm = Rapport Black
View attachment 125861Bit of a homage to @NotTheStig for supplying everything except the Razor & Brush.
The Razor & Blade were a first for me and they gave me a damn fine shave.
Certainly not a bbs.
Whether it was down to the razor or the blade or me actually i don’t know.
The blade seems to be very good although i don’t know anything about it or where they come from,
Perhaps @NotTheStig can help me out.
The Razor was a joy to use although a slight bit of aggression under the nose which made me wary but all good in the end.
Always nice receiving new goodies :)

The blade is made by Treet and it's for the Polish market. I've not used it but like with Treet, they have a few blades that use a lot of different packaging for. It could be another one eg Trig Silver Edge?

1000011136.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Northern Elixir.
Razor Blackland Vector.
Blade Feather Pro Super (2)
Aftershave Czech and Speake no88.

A super two pass shave with the Vector and with the no88 I am now smooth and smell like a giant incense stick.
Enjoy your night.
On The Way Running GIF

The blade is made by Treet and it's for the Polish market. I've not used it but like with Treet, they have a few blades that use a lot of different packaging for. It could be another one eg Trig Silver Edge?
@Mike Smart That's right. It's a decent blaee
Just watch out for rusting as it's carbon steel and possibly not treated as well/at all as other Treet carbon steel blades. So don't leave it in the razor or in the bathroom.
This is based on my personal experience of the blade. It thought you might appreciate trying an unusual one.

What did you think of the soap and the EDP?

@Mike Smart That's right. It's a decent blaee
Just watch out for rusting as it's carbon steel and possibly not treated as well/at all as other Treet carbon steel blades. So don't leave it in the razor or in the bathroom.
This is based on my personal experience of the blade. It thought you might appreciate trying an unusual one.

What did you think of the soap and the EDP?
yeah i like trying new blades especially the ones i haven’t heard off.
Soap was first class everything you would expect from Stirling,
The scent was a bit mild but started to develop the more i whipped it up.
Edp was class also and the wife liked it so it must be good
she’s a right fussy bugger lol

Back
Top Bottom