SOTD : Saturday 21th April - Friday 27th April 2018.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137
Soap: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then Cold water rinse, WK Man from Mayfair AST
IMG_20180426_153728.jpg
Daydreaming at work, I was thinking I hadn't used a full sized brush nor a DE in quite a while.
Got home, fully determined to use both, then I remembered I had compared the L2 to the DeHaven, so had to see if I was right (any excuse).
I was wrong, I find this razor as smooth but more efficient than the DeHaven.
Happy Shaving one and all.

SOTD

Well after been away from the den for ten days with only one kit
Next time I go away need much larger wash bag to carry more
soaps razors and scents
Its good to be home and now today's dilemma which one to use out of this lot.

FE7670DE-34F8-43F6-8AEF-A7B1A1891118.jpeg

Well what can I say after some time I went for Stirling Executive mam soap and post shave balm and
Gillette slim and shark blade. Feeling total invigorated by today's shave happy days

2193puh.jpg

SOTD

soaps razors and scents

View attachment 35134

Well what can I say after some time I went for Stirling Executive mam soap and post shave balm and
Gillette slim and shark blade. Feeling total invigorated by today's shave happy days

HOLY COW! In the words of Edmund Blackadder, "The agony of choice"

SOTD

soaps razors and scents

View attachment 35134

Nice cubbyhole.

20180426_204648-jpg.28286

Gillette Tech
Polsilver
Maseto Silvertip
TOBS St James (sample)
Wickhams Cashmere aftershave

Another sample courtesy of James AKA @Rohleder

Really liked the scent. It's light, subtle and fresh. No surprises on the performance front. I like TOBS creams but some of them don't like me. No issues with this one though.

Thanks again to James for the sample.

Cheers
Rob

Sotd - yesterday - 25/04/18 -

Razor - Mergress (1.5)
blade - Polsilver SI (4)
brush - Stirling 2-band butterscotch
soap - Razorock Puros tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tobacco
balm - Aloe vera gel
scent - Creed Tabarome.

Result - nice.

Early cut from work - time for a shave before going out to meet my best mate for a couple of restorative draft Furstenberg lagers - and the rest - it's part of your five a day? Vitamin F. Set the world to rights. My stupidity never fails to amaze me - the Puros lathers up a treat - as it always does - using one of the best brushes I own - at any price. The Razorock tallow versions work well for me - not in the class of Salters, Kent, Monsavon or Tabac - but the scents make them a favourite - so - everything going well - nice creamy thick lather. Towards the end of my first pass I notice that the lather was drying out on one side of my face - nothing serious - I could still finish the pass - I do an odd two pass hybrid shave of my own devising. Pass two - the same thing happens - what was I doing wrong? Ah - yes - I was shaving next to an open window - a rare event for the Glaswegian shaver - it seemed like a balmy evening - I was enjoying the fresh air as I shaved - overly optimistic I think. That was why one side of the lather was drying out. Duh. The East wind - still cold. So @Barry Giddens - I sympathise with the tropical temperatures you have had to deal with recently - not - you know nothing of shaving in a harsh climate. Ha ha. I'm still getting very good results with the Mergress turned down. The Vitos aftershave is an excellent new addition to the den for me. Good face feel - it smells a bit sweet on application but dies back quickly. A few squirts of the Creed Tabarome - job done. Distressingly, my other half informs me that Creed are not currently stocking their Bois de Portugal on their website - I'm running short - please tell me that it isn't discontinued? My signature scent. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Thur 26th April

Vulfix 404
Vitos super Red
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As a change from the ease of Injectors moved on to the Heavyweights in the form of the ATT SE1.
I had a most enjoyable Shave as the initial rawness of the blade had been removed, so that the
Shave was most comfortable. I had no problems getting a good close all round finish, helped by the
Vitas which seemed to explode into life when first wetted with the brush.

IMG_0070.jpg

Friday 27th April

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Klar Kabinett Soap
Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Ming Shi 2000S razor (3,4,5) with a Treet Carbon Steel Silver blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Agua de Rosas Cologne
Khaltat Al Jabriya EDP

Three passes for a very smooth, close and comfortable shave:)

Pretty poor weather conditions outside at the moment. I hope things improve over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom