SOTD : Saturday 21th April - Friday 27th April 2018.

Brush: Omega S10083
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (open comb side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Bolzano (4)

As much as I like the Meissner Tremonia soap, I'm coming to the unfortunate conclusion that I can't use it on a daily basis without getting some face irritation, so today I've turned to the EJ cream. Immediately I'm rewarded with a vastly improved shave, and I'm left wondering which of the shaving combinations I've written off I should actually lay at the door of the soap. It certainly feels like I could stretch the blade for another shave without problems, where yesterday I was nervous about taking it for a fourth spin.

Always learning.

Brush: Omega S10083
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (open comb side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Bolzano (4)

As much as I like the Meissner Tremonia soap, I'm coming to the unfortunate conclusion that I can't use it on a daily basis without getting some face irritation, so today I've turned to the EJ cream. Immediately I'm rewarded with a vastly improved shave, and I'm left wondering which of the shaving combinations I've written off I should actually lay at the door of the soap. It certainly feels like I could stretch the blade for another shave without problems, where yesterday I was nervous about taking it for a fourth spin.

Always learning.
Hi, I think I agree that certain soaps are to blame for problem skin. I found Meißner Morrocan to be excellent. A certain rose soap seems to irritate my skin so I use it once a week as it is otherwise fantastic. However, I have been using Sapofinicio varesino Dolomiti this past week or so and my skin in in a fantastic state. Smooth and irritation free. The refill puck is about the same as Meißner for cost and with slight trimming fits in a Meißner jar. It is not heavily scented and I think scented oils in a soap do cause problems for some guys.

SOTD 20180427.

4NhnVN7.jpg

Yaqi model R1710.
Jabones by Luna "Azahar".
Supply Single Edge V1.0 ("Sensitive" shave setting).
Schick Chromium (5).
Jan's Splash "Ylang-ylang/Patchouli/Orange".

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Mysore Sandlewood soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1912 Sun Ray
Blade ~ Gem Stainless Steel
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann - Leviathan
Brush ~ Omega 10051 Boar
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler - Pure Havane

My first use of the Omega 10051 Boar and although small it turned out to be a little powerhouse of a brush with a comfortable handle and soon whipped up a great lather from the B&M Leviathan .
The 1912 Sun Ray just like all my other 1912s shaved like a dream.
Also my first use of the Vitos Tobacco Aftershave, it has a clean scent with a hint of sweet citrus, very nice.
I finnished of with a healthy spray of Pure Havane from Mugler, a perfect end to a perfect shave.

Happy shaving people.....P.

~ SOTD Friday 27th April 2018 ~

Pre - Shower with SV Felce Aromatica Bath Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger 3D Laser Diamond
Blade - Perma Sharp Super
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3
Post - Rinse / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
15247569732648265[1].jpg

Fri 27th April

Omega 11137 boar
Haslinger Honig
Alu. General
Feather Pro [ 7 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I generally prefer a Heavyweight AC Razor to the General, as when using it there is a tendency to
apply pressure which is not good. I also find that when fitted with a Feather Pro one has to be careful not to rush as it may bite. However, pleased to have finished a fault free Shave, which apart from one problem area was closely finished.

IMG_0071.jpg

Friday AM 2018-04-27

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
RazoRock Mamba/Stork Advoco Titanium
Personna Super Stainless (8)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

One of the all-time great soaps for my 70th birthday shave. Unlike the 74 Tungstens, this blade began to drag, so I tossed it out when I was done.
sP7qhlG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom