SOTD: Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th December 2018.

SOTD : 23rd December 2018.

61.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso Sensitive.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox.(1)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse.//Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Asda ~ Kind & Gentle Light Moisturiser.

Greetings,

It's been a while since i last used the Proraso sensitive, and forgot how much of a good lather this crope soap creates, i also find that the sensitive soap has a better slickness than the eucalyptus & menthol ,& Sandalwood soaps YMMV.

Maiden shave with the Bolzano Superinox blades which where kindly gifted to me along with two tubs of Proraso eucalyptus & menthol soap by a contract engineer at work this year which i've finally got round to trying. The verdict?...

As with all my blades i hand-palm strop them before use to remove any hidden burrs or imaginary burrs from the blade edges...These blades are very Sharp indeed,but very smooth i was told that they where like feather blades, which i have to be honest,put me off them slightly as i found feather blades really rough,one of the very few blades since i started tradtional wet shaving that i didn't get along with..along with Derby extra's but that could have been a dodgy batch of blades, or my lack of shaving technique, probably a combination of both...My shaving technique has improved since then, it improves with each shave, but i never get smug or complacent while i'm shaving with aggressive or non-aggressive razor & blade set ups both get the same equal respect, if not they will end up giving me a nasty bite,:eek: which will purely be down to my stupid self.

The Bolzano Superinox has the same sharpness,as the feather blades, along with a wonderful smoothness which the feather didn't have for me ,adding to that without causing any irritation to my rhino type skin inbetween each pass...I was told the longivity of these blades is very good, if i can get 3-4 good error-free shaves from one blade, then i'll be very pleased indeed.

All in all a wonderful maiden shave..I look forward to shaving with it again with my christmas day shave.

Another relaxing Sunday 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.;)
clear.png

Two more days, before the big fella with the white beard, delivers my christmas shaving goodies in my stocking.....'The christmas period always brings the kid out in me, with bittersweet memories, and to be truefully honest i'm not really a Christmas person,but like a vast majority of people i put a face on to please family & friends.Bah Humbug!!!

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Asda ~ Kind & Gentle Light Moisturiser.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Sunday 23rd December

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso White Preshave Balm
Meißner Wild Oranges Shaving Paste
Zenith Synthetic Brsh
Turkish Copper Bowl
Weishi 2.0 Adjustable (4,5,6) with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
TOBS Bay Rum

Racked the settings up another notch on the Weishi Today and the results were as good as yesterday. Tomorrow it will increase again and I will then have an idea about the full range available.
3 Passes for another perfect 'face feeling' shave
smile.gif

Sunday 23rd December

Vitos Red Super Extra
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
BBA Pre Shave Oil
Ikon 102/Windrose
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Proraso Green ASL
Dior Oud ispahan

Relaxing Sunday morning shave

I hadn't used Vitos for some time, largely because I have too many soaps and creams competing for use.
Because it lathers so easily it seems to last forever.
Slick and protective, it made for an enjoyable shave.
Finishing with Proraso Green and a few squirts of Oud ispahan

Sunday 23rd December

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso White Preshave Balm
Meißner Wild Oranges Shaving Paste
Zenith Synthetic Brsh
Turkish Copper Bowl
Weishi 2.0 Adjustable (4,5,6) with a SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
TOBS Bay Rum

Racked the settings up another notch on the Weishi Today and the results were as good as yesterday. Tomorrow it will increase again and I will then have an idea about the full range available.
3 Passes for another perfect 'face feeling' shave
smile.gif
A wonderful shave set up...Earlier this month i was ask by my siblings what they could get me as a christmas gift? the new TTO wilkinson Sword razor , and the Weishi 2.0 adjustable were mentioned so i wrote down on a piece of paper, then put them in a bag then closed my eyes and picked out one, the new TTO wilkinson Sword razor was the one i picked out so i'll be having my maiden shave with it on christmas day..The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable looks a nice razor, however i' really look forward to having my maiden shave with the new W.S TTO, i already have a Parker Variant & two Ming-shi 2000s.Regards B.

Last edited:
A wonderful shave set up...Earlier this month i was ask by my siblings what they could get me as a christmas gift? the new TTO wilkinson Sword razor , and the Weishi 2.0 adjustable where mentioned so i wrote down on a piece of paper, then put them in a bag then closed my eyes and picked out one, the new TTO wilkinson Sword razor was the one i picked out so i'll be having my maiden shave with it on christmas day..The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable look a nice razor, however i' really look forward to having my maiden shave with the new W.S TTO, i already have a Parker Variant & two Ming-shi 2000s.Regards B.
The weishi adjustable really surprised me.....just £4 more than the Wilkinson Sword....and that included prime delivery. It was actually cheaper than buying from China. So far I am impressed....it actually reminds me of the Variant the way it shaves. Soooo efficient and not too aggressive. You should think about it in the future! Having said that ....you will not be disappointed with the Wilkinson Sword

The weishi adjustable really surprised me.....just £4 more than the Wilkinson Sword....and that included prime delivery. It was actually cheaper than buying from China. So far I am impressed....it actually reminds me of the Variant the way it shaves. Soooo efficient and not too aggressive. You should think about it in the future! Having said that ....you will not be disappointed with the Wilkinson Sword
Thanks,..I won the christmas raffle at work, so i've £30 to burn, so i may consider another belated xmas/new year gift to myself..Why not!!

Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 3 BB
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top
Blade: Gem PTFE

IMG_20181223_132352.jpg
Using a forgiving razor like this lets me have a ponder, and it occurred to me (this happens occasionally), if this razor was released nowadays it would have unimaginably been known as the heavy.
Never in a month of Sundays would the name G-Bar have been thought of and latched on to in these staid times I thought.
Then, another mental occurance (I know two in one shave), Bennifer, Brangelina etc. the Gemmibar may have been a thing.
Oh dear, a razor which requires more concentration next time.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Weishi adjustable - never heard of it - off to look into them ;)

Back
Top Bottom