SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

26 December

PAA Future Fiction
Mühle Classic L
Mühle R89 and R41
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

F086C3CF-C8E8-4024-90A5-6C19C44B730A.jpeg
Not a one off. After two passes with the R89 head my face was distinctly left wanting. A very patchy shave, despite my best efforts. A third pass was necessary, so the Feather went into my R41 head and I finally had a close shave. Mysterious, why doesn’t this new R89 head shave well? Yesterday’s shave with the EJ DE89 was exactly what I would expect but this new razor, no way!

SOTD 26-Dec
20231225_140350.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot'
Soap: A&E Lavender Noir
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: GEM PTFE

Limited selection of software and brushes at the moment. Had to pack a bit of gear away for the visiting hoard (family). Still it's not to be sniffed at, well it is really, lovely stuff.

Nice to see that slickboys got a bit of the A&E stuff in, picked up another puck of the noir and a couple of tobacco road, saves me a fortune in delivery getting it from the source.

And now after a nice walk in Newborough forest it's now time to pig out on more leftovers. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Cheers

Marc

26/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Lotion
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 51 (4).jpg
The Brassbird is a crackin piece of Kit, spot on today fitted with the Personna Platinum.
Enjoy your day all.

Boxing day. One of the biggest drinking days in the city and hence by the end of it all it probably lent its activities to the title of the day. It was decided (by those concerned with theming things) that 'scrapping day' or 'pub brawl day' was not really fitting for the general population and hence it so themed 'boxing'.

'Bitch slap day'

It was those same 'theming things' people who so decided that this shave be themed, 'Boxes and other protective clothing'

20231225_162927.jpg

Cricket box - Occams Enoch
Steel toe caps - Feather Super Professional
Hard hats - PAA Peregrino
Protective cream - Signature Condate
Rubber gloves - Simple moisturiser
Condoms - Guerlain Homme

'Friendly fighting and the art of self defence against invisible enemies'

Boxing day. A great day for the Enoch to give me a damn good beating at the point where it all decided to fall apart (I told you before they were crap with the securing arrangement) mid pass leaving the blade to move in to 'Do what the fuck it feels like' mode. Super, as the blade dug in ripping my chin in the process. Not happy with just ripping my chin, the blade then managed to slice some more as it left the company of the Enoch altogether. A real eeeeeeeeeeek moment.

Somehow managed to put it all back together and finish what I started even if with a bit of intrepidation. Not the best of shaves by a long shot and now looking as if I was the end of a good Boxing day evening in the wrong end of town. In that case, just around the corner.

It is a real shame this does happen once in a blue moon with the Enoch as otherwise, when it decides to behave, it is usually a top class act. Not tonight though. You bad tempered bastard.

Hope your day's are going with a bit more sense of happyshavemanship.

I guess some Japanese ladies will lift my spirits......

NIs65Xe.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No. 88 (Valobra tallow base)
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Chromium 'New' (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Czech & Speake No. 88 EdC

A wondeful shave.
And a very Merry Christmas to my shaving chums!

Last edited:
Boxing Day - Tues 26th December

Alpha Classic G4 28m
L’Occitane Cade soap
ES Claymore V1
Feather Proguard ( 4 )

Today I finally managed to get a Shave in with the original Claymore SE/AC Razor, which I have not used in an age.Very heavy as was rhe sword of that name, I have made mine more manoeuvrable by fitting it with a Titanium handle. I can now use the weight of the head itself to do the cutting with little or no pressure, just using the handle to support and guide the weight. The Shave was very good and even got the tip of the chin nice and smooth.

IMG_0897.jpeg

Xmas Day

Face- Merkur 34G + Gillette 7 O’Clock Black #4
Head- Leaf + Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
Semogue LE 2011 Badger
Signature Soaps Capra Alavana
Proraso Green A/S & Proraso Blue Balm

View attachment 114888

Merry Xmas everyone.
I got a Fine accoutrement’s lather bowl and a couple of signature soaps from Santa.
My first time using both this morning and the soap lathered up superbly in the bowl and produced a wonderful thick and slick lather. 10/10
Thank you. Seasons regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom