SOTD: Saturday 23 - Friday 29 September 2023.

First attempt with a shavette (only cheecks) with Gillette 7 'o clock half blade
Hawk V3 - Feather professional
Stirling Bergamot and Lavender
Yaqi Sagrada
Lavender cheap cologne found at the bottom of a cabinet...

I was expecting a more traumatic experience (no blood shed) with an undescript shavette from Mijn Baard.
I think that swapping hands is not that difficult impossible.
Stirling is definitely too thick for the shavette, but it's perfect otherwise.
Have a super weekend folks!

20230929_140115.jpg

Last edited:
After a long conversation with the newly renamed  Syndicate  House  In  Theming Shaves, it was decided that this shave was to be awarded with the theme, 'Living with ugly'

20230928_151407.jpg

Ugly razor - Stainless Mongoose
Ugly blade - Feather Super Professional
Ugly brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Ugly soap - Signature Soaps Londinium
Ugly cream - Collegen

'And the Beaver eventually grew up'

As my wife once said

'Chris, you are probably the nicest man one could ever meet, with such a twisted mind. A bit like a Friendly Satan'

There you have it.

She also said I am the ugliest man she could ever wish to be associated with. Don't worry love, the feeling is mutual

images.jpeg

A blade at the end of its useful life, for a man who has never had any use. Probably not the Goose at its best, but I think 10+ shaves from a blade equates to a pretty good showing. Still a very acceptable shave, just not in the 'stunning' bracket.

A great turn out from the Londinium and the AP and I wouldn't expect lesser from two wonderful team lather members. Good performance chaps, damn good performance.

'Which is more than I can say for you. You promised me an orgasm and gave me an organism'

All in all a pleasant enough shave which ticked boxes. Probably try a Schick the next time being as they are my 'new old blade relived part II'.

Will I return with a final effort for this week? Who knows depends how much tugging off the company want me to achieve tonight.

As a 'just in case' though I reckon some of those puffyshoes is about just the tonic to end on....

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac Beehive 24mm 2 band Silvertip
Soap = Geo F Trumper Sandlewood
with matching Cologne & balm.

IMG_2576.pngAnother first class shave with a shite soap.
I decided i’m shaving everyday if my face can take it.
i told myself only 2 passes max but i get right in to it and forget & 3 passes done.
A real fabulous shave although i have to say the soap is totally crap.
It dissipates so quick,
Actually one side of the face is disappearing before iv applied the other side.
The Scent on this for me is first class but man do Trumpers need to get their fingers out.
If i didn’t have everything to match the soap with be a shower soap.
Never mind enough criticism the shave was top drawer.
I don’t know what you lads think but for me these wilkos are fantastic and now probably the only blade i’ll use in the 10 days i’m here.
I’m now off for a cheeky we shandy and a nice piece of Lobster
Enjoy your weekend all,

Friday 29th September

ADCreHcionjsD02XDkzbj-kcbV5LS_zrZIV45lA4DWTKZLUSxlNFvHs-YdaqEqcMtmOk3Ld9eHOSIXprL0e09YPdSy6556Hms8GFlrLahUs58RanG0Q9RikrU8XTYnkK6oQRVzrEgyW0_-wLy9xsH8VUv_ezpg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Injector-II (5)
Brut Musk Aftershave

IMG_2918.jpeg
SOTD: 28/09/2023

Razor: Yintal V7
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Fresh Spring
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP

Another lovely shave but a tad too mild for me. It’s a shame as I love the handle and head design I just wish it was a tad more efficient but it will make someone a great daily driver.

IMG_2926.jpeg
SOTD: 29/09/2023

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Italian Plum
Fragrance: Milestone Perfumes Bibliotic EdP

Another super shave I love this soap and scent and have been hunting for a cheap splash to match it. The Bibliotic is very fruit/plum forward which is exactly what I wanted to match the soap but I’m not sure if it’s a tad too feminine for my liking. I’m full of cold so will have to give it a few more goes once I can smell clearly.

'Chris, you are probably the nicest man one could ever meet, with such a twisted mind. A bit like a Friendly Satan'

View attachment 111753

You promised me an orgasm and gave me an organism'
Hahaha you, sir, are a genius! I do hope you don't take your own self deprecation to heart chap. And hats off to you for the sheer effort you put into your entertaining SotDs. Top man.

Sunday 1 October
Christmas is but 3 months away :oops: better start getting the list of shaving related goodies prepared for Santa.
Today though more important is my early morning shaving pleasure, and it truly was. I had forgotten how good my Wardonia razor is. Yes, it needs a modern blade to be slightly modded to fit but that can be done by anyone with a modicum of care as it doesn’t need to be micrometer accurate as you will observe from the foto.
Wardonia, started by Thomas Ward & Sons of Warrington and Sheffield, started in the 1920s. They “made” razors until 2000. They actually made little themselves, purchasing blades as blanks from suppliers like Souplex. Handles, guards, caps, boxes wrappers etc all came from other British suppliers.
The razor is bakerlite with a metal cap. The barrel hole blade would fit a normal 3 pin de razor but a Gillette type de blade had to be fettled to fit.
I fitted a new Croma diamant blade, lathered up and then with amazing ease got a bbs finish in 2 passes, wtg and atg plus very minor pick ups.
A truly amazing razor, in my opinion.
Not sure how but I have 2 of these in my collection. If anyone in uk would like the spare (with no box or blades I’m afraid) please pm me. It’s free on a first come first served basis.
Have a fine Sunday fellas!

IMG_0318.jpeg

Thank you Mr.Hotmetal

Have some ladies as a show of my appreciation

I can't understand what they're singing, but using the video as context I have reached the conclusion that one of them in the desert said "pull my finger", the other had to cover her nose, and then the offender pointed at someone else to take the blame! They were both subsequently found guilty of breaking, er, emission regulations, which must be stricter in Japan than the EU. Fragrant zephyr indeed!

Back
Top Bottom