SOTD: Saturday 24 February - Friday 1 March 2024.

First try of this blade and got a decent shave. Smooth but could have been closer.
A pass in the Pearl Flexi on setting 3 confirmed it wasn't down to the Popular.
I had intended to use the Dura Sharp again but unfortunately it was starting to rust.

I used Myrsol Antesol as aftershave and didn't realise the edge of the plastic cap was so sharp! Took a lump out of my finger as I was twisting it closed!

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Jifuli Platinum Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Signature Londinium
Additional Care:
Myrsol Antesol

Friday 1 March
The meteorological first day of spring as you are all aware, the spring flowers have now sprung and most around here have been battered into a flat submission by heavy rain and today it was hail. Tomorrow a plague of locusts perhaps?
None of this however stopped the enjoyment of my morning ablutions.
The Henson AL 13 is a mild razor which as I’ve probably said before is nice to use occasionally to give the old epidermis a bit of a rest from more aggressive bad boys in the collection. When using a mild razor I usually finish with a se injector for pick up passes. This for me depending on how much time I take will give dfs to bbs finishes.
The brush is an old Rubberset bristle but I don’t think it was expensive when new as it’s clearly a cheap budget version but the head does screw off in true Rubberset fashion :ROFLMAO:

Have a nice POETS day fellas!

IMG_0511.jpeg

1/3/24

Soap - Gillette Ultra Sensitive
Brush - ApSc Synbad
Razor - US Ball End Tech
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (4)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

I picked this shaving cream a few weeks ago, but refrained from using it as it was Fat February so I used it today. It'd been a while since I used something new and forgot completely that most things make my face burn, and this also is in that particular category! It's not a bad lather btw, if you see it Savers it might be worth picking up, it performs a bit like some of the Creightons made creams I have used over the years.

IMG_20240301_180027.jpg

Friday 1st March

AP1GczOwkUslZ72URnUi-3ebLit9FgXdqTsQGbD5aIxd8AQ7n_f8aJOPGEYNNd-xIhMWfWDSk63gjk6Q8zKRwilybzsyLVbUVsq1ufBmvXlOEnZcc_8quh2zTfbUHuB-0zZYlePzsdWgWqygREQZPiBAy7OPzA=w800

One last hurrah?

Mitchell's Woolfat (Classic) Shaving Soap & Mohawk w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Treet Platinum (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

... before I put this classic version of MWF aside. I absolutely love the new formulation and to be frank, I'm now finding the classic to be lacking when compared. Sure, I'll use it. Of course I will! I'll enjoy it as a vintage shave soap over the coming years along with the rest of the mound of vintage that I have.

Last edited:
Friday 1 March
The meteorological first day of spring as you are all aware, the spring flowers have now sprung and most around here have been battered into a flat submission by heavy rain and today it was hail. Tomorrow a plague of locusts perhaps?

Haha! We had snow this morning! Mind you that's not so unusual as we often get quite a deluge in March. The weather does have the daffodils confused, though.

SOTD Fri 1 Mar 2024

March coming in like a wet lion, shave
9F8D8ACA-3D4A-4901-A418-FE46200B6103.jpegPrep - hot shower
Bowl - silicon dog bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Rainbow Super Class (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U EDT

Wet March began with my hands doing the ‘hippy, hippy shake’ (other Swinging Blue Jeans song are available) all day, so I had to be extra cautious tonight. I took my time and protected my glass bowl by using a plastic dog bowl (bought a couple of new, bright yellow ones from the bay, so I can’t be accused of stealing one of Woofles’ this time). It felt strange using a cream again after a month, almost too easy! Nice 2 pass shave though, comfortable and pretty smooth, although I think the Rainbow blade is ending it usefulness at 3 shaves. Otherwise all ok, and I didn’t need the alum block!

11CAAFC8-FEBC-4F34-BD6B-AF368F895886.jpeg
So none of my goods and chattels were used in the pursuance of this shave then?
Where did that come from?
Oh, I’ve been Dougaling again, you know that Red Setter who lives round the corner, turns out one of his mates is a Legal Beagle! Boom, boom!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom