SOTD: Saturday 24 February - Friday 1 March 2024.

29 February

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Cadman M55
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

D67088B2-9EEF-4D98-8636-3269CAFBAEBB.jpeg
What a lovely shave. Such a beautiful lather from the Extro, now with a large donut hole at the bottom, and a silky smooth shave with the 39c. So good that I want to do it again… tomorrow.

29/2/24

Fat February Last Shave

Soap - Kent
Brush - Highlander LE
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (3)
AS - Boots Freshwood

Last shave of the Fat February month, and it seemed right to go the way of the Fat, and to little surprise with the Highlander LE it produced a glorious lather. The Dorco Prime Platinum wasn't as sharp as I expected it to be, definitely needs an extra pass to get good results with. It was a nice shave in the end.

IMG_20240229_173609.jpg

Thursday 29 February
Any fella had a marriage proposal today then? No thought not.
So, among the few pleasures in life is the wet shave and I share @Palmolive fox recent sentiments completely. Years of boring cartridge shaves but then needs must and usually an early start for work called for speed those distant days past.
So, today a leisurely no rush shave.
Rockwell 6S on plate 5
Astra blade x3
Edwin Jagger Aloa Vera soap
Vintage no name synthetic reknot
Tabac balm

2 passes plus pick ups for bbs finish. Now looking out at this incessant rain. Still not impressed with EJ soap, very bland and no real scent.
So, do I get my sou’wester and boots on for a walk? Nah! Time for :coffee:

Have a good day fellas!

View attachment 117653
Thanks for the shout.

Thursday 29th February

AP1GczNQwcysVPMqZDzpqazLDyY9TcG7_Q4pvniKvhX5lGMKJ5g8IhCFESXSNGvcgL224j-OgxW4r-dPysp4854zXmCn_qrYrgQ0pTJ0T71c3rWT5FB7PzoapGjw7NpQDyHDzsUxc29OuBgRPzGEVDlp3exO5w=w800

Bonus Fat February Day!

The Mighty Mighty Mitchell's Woolfat (Veg 2024) Shaving Soap & Mohawk w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Treet Platinum (1)
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Haha! How fortuitous that we get an extra day for Fat February this year! Much thanks to @donnie_arko for reminding us of our annual undertaking.

When I came to traditional shaving towards the end of 2023, I think it was about this time of year in 2014 that I landed on MWF as the soap for me and so a decade on it's quite poetic that this very soap has a new formulation which I think meets and exceeds that classic formulation.

Ten plus years with the forum and it's also poetic that my favourite soap's new formulation is so easily identified with the kindness and generosity of members of this forum because while we were discussing this latest formulation in the Shaving Soaps forum @Johnny Bravo spotted that while I did have the 2023 version I did not have the 2024 version and arranged for Connaught to send me a couple of pucks at his expense. I didn't name him at the time and I hope you don't mind Mark, but I would like to thank you again but without the veil. I know I've said this to you in private, but (again) ... I will always associate using this soap with your generosity. Thank you.

See you Fatties again next year, but in the meantime I am sure I will be using MWF far more frequently ... as I should, if I say it's my favourite soap!

So I decided to grow a beard and be done with all this shaving malarkey and it's associated big money holes. Went on the 'Fabulous furry freak brothers and furry faces forum' and with too many F's involved it didn't take too long to disappear in a torrent of F words and get a ban. Other than that it didn't take too long for them to realise I was actually a shaven piss taker. In fact, a fucking shaven piss taker.

Did I buggery

Truth be have it I have been utterly useless and with a week of work and far too much tugging, scribbling SOTD's became very much a back seat activity. To the point where the back seat was several hundred rows back. In essence, I couldn't be arsed.

So to make amends I have awarded myself the task of letting it all out and showing you my bits. The long and short of it all.

Far too much tugging

And pulling

Monday

And the theme 'Tugging blades and pulling from behind'

IMG-20240228-WA0004.jpg

20240226_230841.jpg

Push pull - 3ONE6
Bow to bow - Feather
Tow rope - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Sliding down the Hull- Signature Valentia
Giving it some length - Botanics moisturiser

Awesome. This 3ONE6 when paired with a Feather is an absolutely blinding bit of razormanship. Shows itself even more with the super Valentia to cut in to. The brush? Well it's a brush.

And a tug is a tug.....so is masturbating

And Japanese girls are....well Japanese girls. Except Steropony just happen to be exceptionally pretty as well as talented....

Tuesday

And the theme, 'More tugging'

20240227_192228.jpg

More tugging - Occams Enoch
A tuggy blade - Feather Super Professional
Bush strokes - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Soapy bits - Penhaligons Bayolea
Tugging cream - Simple
Smell my length - Extro Arzachena splash

'You revolting man'

A blade on its last legs and very themic. I guess after 15+ outings its duties are done. In a Marie Kondo fashion, Thank you Mr Blade'. And in the effing bin you go.

And in a Marie Kondo fashion it is over to those Bed-In ladies. Probably quite the antithesis to Marie Kondo with her prim and proper ways, these two celebrate the cheap and tacky side...

Wednesday

A theme? After all what's a shave without a theme? So this one arrives in pixilated format as being themed, 'Capitalism'

20240228_165848.jpg

A RAZOR - 3ONE6
A BLADE - FEATHER
A BRUSH - HIGHLANDER LE 2023
A SOAP - PRORASO
A MOISTURISER - COLLEGEN
A SCENT - VAN CLEEF AMBRE IMPERIAL

HAVE I GOT MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE MEANING OF CAPITALISM INCORECT HERE?

Another great shave from the 3ONE6 and another blade which towards the end achieved more tugging than me. But a great effort from Team Lather ensured smooth strokes and a big happy smile. Life is cheap.

A very happy bunch of girls to match the shave....

Thursday

And the theme, 'A big brassy Brazilian shave'

20240229_165730.jpg

Razo de Janero - Lambda Athena
Forteblada - Brazilan Wilkinson
Brushzillia - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
SoapPaulo - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Balmasilia - L'Occitane Cade
Scenta Andre - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

IMG-20200228-WA0041.jpg

Go on. Look in the mirror and smile

A first for me with the Brazilian Wilkinson, but what a damn fine blade. It just carried the shave brilliantly and partnered my razor of the year the Athena most wonderfully. Thanks to @NotTheStig for this superb blade and thank God I have a full tuck.

Who gives a tuck? I don't, but I could think of a similar sounding word which fits these ladies except I think I'd give the 'I don't' a miss. A return to those cheap and tacky girls Bed-In. I just love cheap, tacky, nasty, raunchy and have a strange concept of beautiful. I also have a sense of humour in there.....

I love you all. Just not as much as cheap tacky etc etc etc

SOTD 01-Mar
1000023542-01.jpeg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: B&M Lavender
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Well I'm back to playing around with the daughters coloured paper, ah the simple things in life amuse.

Lovely shave today, absolutely gutted that they're dropping Lavender from their lineup. I've got a few alternates to choose from but only A&E Lavender Noir comes close.

Not to worry, hope everyone has a good day.

Cheers

Marc

01/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 09 (7).jpg
I have to say, the Rex is a top performer and a wonderfully made piece of kit.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom