SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

29/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - PILS 101 NE Std "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose

I have been very impressed with the 7o'C Yellow in the PILS this week, the blade itself has given 5 very smooth shaves in different razors this past fortnight.
The Erasmic re-knotted handle is a great fit for my hand and this Tuxedo knot is a lather monster, still a lot of backbone although it splays easily enough as i build up the face lather.
3 passes today for a very smooth, comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 29th August

OREN time again, using this razor, which incidentally I love for its simplicity, can be a bit of a challenge. According to OREN, it isn’t compatible with all AC blades. And indeed today to use a Schick B30 I had to slightly shorten its length because it was just too long to fit in the head. The OREN has three settings requiring the use of one of three separate cap pieces which are conveniently engraved with one dot, two dots, or three dots the latter being the more aggressive. Getting the balance right between the correct cap and blade has been an interesting learning curve. Feather pro guard works well with the 3 dot whereas the Schick B30 seems to be better with the 2 dot. Keep up at the back there fellas. anyway I can understand why the OREN ceased production which makes it a rare beast today but certainly with some perseverance is actually quite a joy to use.
The soap is Bath Houses Bergamot and Amber The brush is an omega bristle, incredibly cheap but very effective and the pot a repro 19th century ceramic item which the block of soap fitted perfectly.

Bbs in two passes and pick ups.

Enjoy the day fellas!

Last edited: