SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Gillette Perma-Sharp
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - NSS Moroccan Sands

The agony and the ecstasy.
I thought the shave was a bit mild, then realised that I’d put the plate in the Rockwell the wrong way round. Rather stupidly, I tried to swap it back with soapy hands… and it was Nanny’s soap too… very slidey. So I put a great slice in my thumb which just bled and bled.

It was a shame as I was on track for a near-perfect two-pass shave. Despite my discombobulation I got a handsome result, just two tiny nicks and zero irritation. The Proraso glue in the photo was for my thumb, not my face.

Can’t wait to try out the razor/blade combo next time.

Erm… I also have to ‘fess up I was in the pub at lunchtime… didn’t affect my judgment at all.

Life is difficult when you can’t use an opposable thumb… no wonder dogs never took over the world.

View attachment 124504you’re down the pub on Friday night wearing that obsession all the more mature women hanging around you
Great post and pics, mate
I’ll tell you what you’ll be in ecstasy if you’re down near pub on Friday night wearing that obsession all the more mature ladies will be hanging around you like bees
Cheers

Thu 29
Soap & Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Another epic lather from this soap and the matching splash smells wonderfully refreshing.
The razor turned a little rusty after the last trip to the beach but the edge is still good. No more straight shaving on the beach!
View attachment 124542
Nice pics and Post mate
Are you sure that’s not an ice cream cone?
Cheers

SOTD: 29th August 2024.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's goat milk Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ Creighton's Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Ever since I've used blue's goat milk soap, the outcome of the shave is always good, today was no exception, this Chinese made soap doesn't have much scent but it's performance, & post shave feel are amazingly good.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creighton's Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Thursday 29th August

Soap • Extro Arancia Italiano
Brush • Yaqi Ever Helpful 22mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai CT Pink (4)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

Extro soaps/croaps, for me, are outstanding in slickness and post shave feel. Get the water content right and they perform every time.
Kai Captain Titan Blade on it's fourth use was silky smooth.

Thursday 29th August
1000019474.jpg

Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #8 - Cadman Custom M7 - Wickham Gothic Revival - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Wickham Gothic Revival Balm

Thur 29th August

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 26mm
La Toja stick- grated
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

Realise that before I use some of my Vintage ER Razors,I need to dig out a fresh batch of blades as I have finished the last 100:eek:ff. So used The Hiram Commander rather than the ER1914 that I had planned to use.
A very pleasant Shave with this extremely reliable Razor, which despite its bulk is very agile.

IMG_1162.jpeg

Lovely razor mate If you feel like can you do review on the new Thread?
I and many others would love read your info and thoughts.
Cheers

Review Your Razors DE Or SE Thread.​

It’s on my burgeoning “to do” list.

I’d prefer to do it on Big Computer so I can type properly… rather than the pesky iPad.

Big Computer is an Alan Turing Mark I Difference Engine… so I have to go to the bottom of the garden, rick up the boiler and make sure The steam pressure is up just below the red. Then I have to let the valves warm up and make sure the tappets all greased up…

… but I’m on it…

Back
Top Bottom