The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
B-400 Brush by Tom
Hien 659 Razor
Alum
Thayers WH
Azzaro Chrome Cologne
Have a blessed Sunday!
50e43fceed72b51a9a09effd24bfc0f0.jpg

Second shave with the Timeless last night. Unfortunately this shave was a little rushed as the in laws were coming round and I didn't have long to get ready. As such, it's difficult for me to give a truly informative review as I didn't spend as long as I would have liked to on the shave. It was also my first use of my new Simpsons Duke 3 and the 1912 Russian Leather so even more annoying that I was a little rushed! That being said, here's my thoughts;

- Timeless 0.95 scalloped baseplate with scalloped top cap and 0.85mm handle
- Astra SP second use (2)
- Simpsons Duke 3
- 1912 Russian Leather
- Alum block
- Thayers WH Aloe
- Speick AB
- Speick AS

Having started the thread on "No Swirling" and reading the contained advice, I was quite tentative with the brush, as such I didn't generate the kind of lather I'm used to from the 1912. I think it will just take a bit of time to improve my badger technique! That being said, it felt good to use, it's nice in the hand and I'm looking forward to more shaves with it. The soap itself is nice, it's classic Imperial Leather, there's not much more to add to that. If you want a "clean" smelling shave it's the sort of soap for you.

On to the shave, this is a bit more up my street in comparison to the 0.68 baseplate. It's got a little bit more about it and is a little more efficient than the 0.68 as you would expect considering the bigger blade gap. The first pass was decent, as was the second. I had a couple of weepers, nothing catastrophic, but the finish wasn't amazing. At the moment I'm not feeling a tremendous amount of love for these razors, the finish just isn't as good as what I get with my single edge razors and I'm also getting a bit more irritation on my neck.

I used Alum for the first time in a while because of the couple of weepers and there was a decent amount of sting from it.

I'm actually likely to shave again tonight using the 0.95 OC as the finish wasn't great last night and I want to look cleaner than I currently am for work tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

img_20160924_184916-01-jpeg.2252

Evening/Morning/Good day all

An evening shot...
Bulldog Face Wash
Omega 80800 Boar
Tabac Soap
Face lather
Gem 1912 'Damaskeene'
Gem Personna #3
Alum block, Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera witch hazel
Tabac a/s

First outing for the Tabac soap. Long overdue; it's fantastic stuff. The fragrance (as those in the know, know) doesn't dissipate at the lathering stage and cushion, glide, protection etc. all excellent.

Nice shave with the Gem. I have to say at this stage I haven't noticed a great deal of difference in performance between the Gem and my Ever Ready 1912s: they all seem to give equally great results with Gem stainless blades. I know that some say the so-called 'Damaskeene' has the edge (so to speak) over the ERs, but I've yet to see it. Will keep experimenting though.

All the best for the forthcoming week to you and yours.

Stephen.
20160925_194303.jpg

Gillette English "flat bottom" Tech
RazoRock P.160
soap
RazoRock synthetic brush
Barbex Platinum blade (#1)

Superb shave!! This is a new blade to me that a friend sent to me. It's from Brasil and Boy Howdy what an excellent blade it is!! Ironically, it shaved just like the discontinued Made in Brasil Gillette Platinum Plus. Hmmm. Gillette "refugees" working at another plant? I'd like to find more, but can find no website that ships them abroad from there. :(

Back
Top Bottom