image.jpg SOTD Monday 26th September 2016

Prep..No prep
Pre..No pre
Soap...No soap
Brush..No brush
Razor..Hone type 15a
Blade..Derby #1
Post..Tabac AS

Last night after reading the thread on DRY SHAVING ? Started by @Satanfriendly I said I would try anything once and give it a bash....well, to be honest I didn't think this was going to be good but I took one for the team to put this to bed...can you dry shave , it was @Johnus who gave full instruction of a dry face, a new Derby blade, shave WTG only finish with a nice alcohol aftershave.
I did as instructed and it wasn't too uncomfortable , it for me felt dirty, like a hobo shave but I persevered and got to the end after two passes and a clean up and it was done...a DFS not a BBS but a DFS for sure.
Time for the aftershave, now I'm thinking this is going to sting like f@@@ but no it was quite a mild stinging nothing to make you go ahh!

So to sum up ..yes you can dry shave, will I do it again yes if my water was cut off and I've drained the tank. I does work but it's not for me , I likes my soap and water and brush.

Wishing you all a great week over and out.

Last edited:
View attachment 20948 SOTD Monday 26th September 2016

Prep..No prep
Pre..No pre
Soap...No soap
Brush..No brush
Razor..Hone type 15a
Blade..Derby #1
Post..Tabac AS

Last night after reading the thread on DRY SHAVING ? Started by @Satanfriendly I said I would try anything once and give it a bash....well, to be honest I didn't think this was going to be good but I took one for the team to put this to bed...can you dry shave , it was @Johnus who gave full instruction of a dry face, a new Derby blade, shave WTG only finish with a nice alcohol aftershave.
I did as instructed and it wasn't too uncomfortable , it for me felt dirty, like a hobo shave but persevered and got two the end after two passes and a clean up and it was done...a DFS not a BBS but a DFS for sure.
Time for the aftershave, now I'm thinking this is going to sting like f@@@ but no it was quite a mild stinging nothing to make you go ahh!

So to sum up ..yes you can dry shave, will I do it again yes if my water is cut off and I've drained the tank. I does work but it's not for me , I likes my soap and water and brush.

Wishing you all a great week over and out.

Sh#t I was hoping that was going to work out for you Paul because then you could have gave me your soap and brushes.Good stuff for trying it out!

Sh#t I was hoping that was going to work out for you Paul because then you could have gave me your soap and brushes.Good stuff for trying it out!
Sorry Pat, but even if I had found it to be the next best thing to happen to shaving I've got too much spent on soaps and brushes to change my habits . It did work though, and if you haven't tried it I think you should, just to say ,yea done that!

Good morning gents
Pre hot water wash with coal soap
DR Harris Windsor soap
Semogue 610
ATT R2
Wilkinson classic blade(#2)
Post Lucky Tiger,Proraso a/s balm, Nivea moisturiser
A lovely 2 pass shave, no touch ups. This razor is damn good!
Have a smashing week!View attachment 20942
Are you still cold water shaving?

08bf09f15efb948d8f01024df1a6ce03.jpg
96d739453f30edd8976013e34527449e.jpg
3724c7b99d26f5aa6de2cf425e719af8.jpg

Going to give this its first run out today. Don't know too much about it apart from it's an ever ready made in USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice...

Paul the way Wolfman does business if he threw a razor at me I'd duck. Frankly he can keep them.
Sorry it was the Handle that though me off ha.. Yes I am confused at the way he conducts his business , I think it may just to keep his razors in that nearly unobtainable relm and therefore making them more desirable . He won't reply to sent emails, not realy a way to do business but he still has a long line of people clamouring to get hold of his razors and to be fair his razors seem to be fantastic by all accounts but I fear I will never find out!

Prep - Fitjar soap
Pre shave - Argan Oil
Razor - Feather WS-D1S
Blade – Feather
Cream - PannaCrema
A/S – Floris No 89

Argh, stupidest shave ever. Daydreaming as I'm shaving (about the Ralph Aust I've ordered, ironically!), and I pulled the razor upwards and the Feather blade sliced through my nostril. Finished the first pass with blood streaming down my face, and bailed out.

Have just spent 15 minutes soaking kitchen towel with my blood and trying to get my nostril to stop bleeding.

Rookie, rookie mistake. Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.

Prep - Fitjar soap
Pre shave - Argan Oil
Razor - Feather WS-D1S
Blade – Feather
Cream - PannaCrema
A/S – Floris No 89

Argh, stupidest shave ever. Daydreaming as I'm shaving (about the Ralph Aust I've ordered, ironically!), and I pulled the razor upwards and the Feather blade sliced through my nostril. Finished the first pass with blood streaming down my face, and bailed out.

Have just spent 15 minutes soaking kitchen towel with my blood and trying to get my nostril to stop bleeding.

Rookie, rookie mistake. Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.
Unlucky, you will have to be more careful with the Ralph Aust though!
Have you stopped the blood loss yet?

Back
Top Bottom