SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

Wednesday 30th August
General Brass - Feather Pro #5 - Yaqi Moka Express - Speick - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230829-111036-01.jpg

30 August

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Omega 48
Gillette 195 Adjustable E4
Personna med prep
Village Barber balm

B673323B-93BF-4F88-B2E6-B64559DE6A60.jpeg
This morning with my initial attempt at lathering visibly failing I rinsed off the brush and face and started again. This time a good stable lather was produced with sufficient for both passes and some more. Great if you’ve got the time but lathering should be easier than this. Eight shaves in (I know that’s not enough) and I’m loosing heart. On the plus side the Gillette gave me another smooth and comfortable two pass shave. The Personna blade working well in this razor. Job done… eventually.

Soap - TOBS sandalwood.
Brush - omega boar.
Razor - flat bottom tech.0
Blade - derby premium.
Aftershave - 4711.

First shave in a week as I could not bend elbows and reach face due to arthritis.
Great slick lather and greater sharp smooth blade, I bought these blades a couple of years ago and they were in my mixed blade tub and with a mention on here I thought I would give them a try again.
(Been trying to get through a pile of Derby extra to use them up) these blades are nothing like the green derbys and gave a brilliant 2 pass shave.
If I did not have about 700 green derby blades and about 500 other blades I would have no hesitation on a bulk purchase.
So use what you want but stick a derby premium in the razor. (y) :)

SOTD 30/8/23
Prep: bath and a podcast
Soap: MWF (tallow stock)
Brush: Paladin nostalgia (in case it sells quickly on the BST)
Blade: Polsilver (12 - how far will it go with these amazing smooth BBS shaves?)
Looking forward to testing the Fatboy pass around next and updating here (with pics!)

Back
Top Bottom