SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

Thu 31
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
A fantastic soap & splash! The lather was rich, creamy, slick, and with the matching splash...numbingly cold!
Super-duper good shave with this excellent heavyweight razor removing a 4-day stubble smoothly & efficiently...
20230831_212738.jpg

After a few terrible to fairly poor shaves, a switch of razor, soaps etc etc and still below par, I gave up and went back to the trusted "whatever I put my hand on first" selection method:

Fatip Limited OC
Wilkinson Sword (New type)
Old Arko stick (quick wash preshave)
BandM Oceana (preciously blamed for a rubbish shave....)
Oumo Manchurian Badger Brush
Body shop Aloe aftershave balm

Hasn't used the OC in a while, so needed a bit of care to get going again, overall no complaints and as good as any shaves lately. Badger brush will take a bit of use/practice compared to the synthetic I am used to.

Irritation has reduced massively, sooo I can't blame the Oceana. I suspect spending a fair chunk of a day cutting concrete may be more to blame.

Anyways, nearer to a good shave tonight.

Stay well all

Thursday 31st August

AIL4fc95Cfw8x0Y4-BN3oqzODGEyYFiSffiCxVA404j_kHCn0tqG7WT8NB9EFOBR3seIXKFo2coF6D98iLyLSso-DARC6Rdy8RBtif9gxSE-LkLo7MqGdeC8UIhjQz61KwajU4MsZyLlhJnNVk42EieFKrveug=w800

TFS RasoZero Agrumella Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1912 Bathroom Set & GEM by Personna (Stainless/PTFE) (6)
Akcay Tutun Kolonyasi

Really diggin' this setup!

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Alpha Outlaw Evolution Ti, B&M Bar Rum, Schick blade
Head - Leaf razor, Arko soap, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Alpha Outlaw brush (G4 knot)
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Feel like I've been waiting for ages to make this post, first out of the Outlaw Evolution...very nice piece of kit, very nice indeed .

1000006240.jpg

Back home again. Gillette foam and a Derby SE disposable were fine for a couple of days on the road in Germany. However I’m happy to be using brush/cream and a DE safety razor again.

Wilkinson Sword Classic w/ BIC
Wilkinson Sword synthetic shaving brush
Palmolive shaving cream
Ombia after shave lotion

Fri 1st Sept Slant
Soap
Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Iridium Super
Aftershave Stirling Island Man
Very nice lather qualities from the soap and a pleasant scent from the splash.
It is the time of the year for slants and I love shaving with this easy mild slant razor. Paired with the blade, enjoyed 3 smooth yet efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230901_123453.jpg

SOTD 01-Sep
20230831_114049-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Lothur The Shave Migos
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Wizamet (1)
Post: Lothur Shaving Shave Migos AS & TEV 470 (TF Ombre Leather)

That was weird switching back from GEMs after a month, this is clearly not right but somehow after that time the blade felt 'soft', very weird way to describe it but there you have it. The newly acquired Tradere SB plate is super smooth, I like the OC but this may be the new go to on this razor.

First use of the Lothur, didn't dial it on on the first use, the second pass lather was a little watery, clearly didn't load enough. The scent though, blimey I love Ombre Leather and the soap delivers.

The splash was a little lacking initially, I got a heavy alcohol scent on the palm and applying, but it did the job.

Finished off with TEV dupe which is excellent, I've got the real deal from duty free but I'll make my way through this first.

I wanted to hit a couple of badgers after Austere August before taking the MOAR Boar through a fresh break in. Plus with the size of it I think I'll need to use a soap that I don't mind destroying or one that is easily replaceable.

Hope everyone has a grand day and a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 01/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Proraso’s yellow brigade… gave me a smooth and comfortable shave. Enjoy yours.

01/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 36 (7).jpg
Uhmmm, Neroli heaven, Everything working at the top of its game.
2 passes XTG then ATG for and easy, comfortable, BBS finish.
Neroli fires up some very nostalgic feelings for me, not sure why.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday 1st September
I do like a bit of gold bling. So thanks to Ian @Greybeard for the Merkur 34G I used this morning. I continued with a Merkur blade but, whilst ok, its 5th use showed it was definitely on the way out. The 34G is a relatively mild razor so for best performance it demands the sharpest blade which definitely this wasn’t. However, I don’t need to shave down to the bone every day and so try to mix up mild and aggressive razors accordingly.
Spalted beach hand made synthetic brush and ToBS soap completed the shave team and a dash of Tabac after shave balm sent me out happy and content for an early game of golf.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0264.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom