SOTD : Saturday 28th April - Friday 4th May 2018.

I think the Orange one looks the best out of the three, it's a great shade of orange that's kind of 70s retro. My orange one came in the post today, so only the yellow one to get! :) P.

...great you managed to grab a green one. My latest 51 has just started the cold water treatment; will also grab a yellow one, me thinks, when Paul starts stocking...I remember some one saying you can't have too many brushes!

Today's SOTD 28/4/18:
c8bfc16dc0e02b32c0b211253a1bbcac.jpg

[emoji831]️Coate's Tea Tree shaving cream, [emoji831]️Merkur Mergress on setting 4&3,[emoji831]️Polsiver SI blade (1).[emoji831]️Pantarei Manchurian[emoji831]️Captains Choice shave bowl[emoji831]️Proraso Aftershave Lotion[emoji831]️Stirling Unscented balm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for today my chosen theme was 'Around a Premier Inn in 80 days'

uc

Timeless 0.68/Feather
Useless Muhle synthetic
Priceless Gentleman's Tonic cream
Peerless ADP Colonia Club

Day 6 - Today I have ventured in to the realms of the bathroom where the locals are actually suggesting I consider reusing my towel. Be having none of that rubbish here and fresh towels it will just jolly well have to be. The native people may have troublesome thoughts aimed at the weary traveller and I remain very wary of their quest for not having to replace towels. What next I ask myself, a lessening in the use of plastics?

A change of blade in the Timeless was on the books and I thought I would see how that lovable rogue The Feather would fare. Very nice with a bit more of an agressive approach to the shave. Not quite the same comforting match as the Polsilver Lodz but still allowing the Timeless to weave its magic. The GT cream adding its own little spell in to the mix.

The brush, fucking useless but it sticks cream on my chops and manages to mix the cream in a hodge podge fashion. To be relegated to toilet cleaning duties in due course....but it will have to do for the moment as the only other brush I have with me is for cleaning teeth. Carelessly I might get tooth cream and shaving cream mixed up with possible interesting results.

Overall a smashing shave though and useless as it is; the brush must have functioned as a brush somewhere in there.

I am hoping day 7 may take me a little further than the adjoining room and furnish my life with more startling encounters. Cleanly shaven I am refreshed and ready for the challenges ahead in my quest to circumnavigate a Premier Inn in 80 days.

Plastics? :rolleyes:

Sat 28th April

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
MWF
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [3 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

My preference for hefty AC /SE Razors was increased by Today`s Shave. Though the MWF is getting
low is still produced a really slick lather that enabled the Razor/ Blade combo to shave so smoothly
that it felt as though nothing was being done. To the contrary the combo is really effective and the Shave was a real pleasure.
Though the Mongoose is quite heavy, with a light touch it can be used with precision to clear away
any stubborn areas of growth remaining after major clearance. The Mongoose seems to work well
for me and I am pleased at the quality of Shaves that it delivers, especially as so far I have had no niggles or minor incidents/blood spillage.

IMG_0072.jpg

Music: Faith No More, Angel Dust
Pre: Murdock oil
Lube: 1912, Russian Leather
Steel: Feather Artist with pro blades
Stink: Molton Brown, Tobaco Burst.

Nicked myself a few time but I'm still trying to get the hang of this style of shaving.
Hope my date isn't put off with the slasher look.
Hope you guys are having a great weekend.
5D9A2CC2-1A94-46E4-8AE4-E164DD74A2D0.jpeg

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream
Mason Pearson Super Badger brush
Mappin & Webb Trustworthy â„– 2
Mitchell's Wool Fat lotion

...No time for a picture today. Great shave, massive improvement over my last TOBS shave... Having spent most of my life in soft water areas I still forget its hard as nails where I currently live. This morning I made sure to use double the amount of cream (think Brazil nut rather than almond!) The result was an above average quality lather so I retract my previous criticism of TOBS cream, still not quite as slick as I'd like but perfectly usable.

Last edited:
Monday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Through the Fire Fine Craft: Devil's Cut
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / RazoRock Aftershave Wax

a very comfortable, fun shave with 'Devil's Cut' doing the honours in the lather department ...

Thursday.
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Faena: Dorica
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / RazoRock Aftershave Wax

quality shave, quality lather... Faena 'Dorica', another soap that deserves more praise..

Saturday
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap: Tallow + Steel: Dark
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave
Fragrance: Creed Royal Oud

The 'Americana'/Tallow + Steel combo is one of my favourite combinations.. what a fantastic shave... so good in fact, that I did extra passes just for the fun of it.. finished off with Creed Royal Oud.. yum!

~ SOTD Saturday 28th April 2018 ~

Pre - Shower with SV Cosmo Bath Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur Progress 510
Blade - Perma Sharp Super (2)
Brush - Simpson Commodore X3
Soap - Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Post - Rinse / Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Saponificio Varesino Cosmo

Eau de Toilette - Valentino Uomo
cosmo.jpg
Excellent shave the perma sharp blade felt great in the progress on setting 3 I'm nice and smooth again ready for my Saturday night have a good'n shavers :)

Last edited:

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Razor: Parker Variant (3)
Blade: NOS Polsilver (2)
Scent: Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT

A wonderful Saturday evening shave. My first use of the SV Stella Alpina - divine creamy cologne scent, and excellent performance. Three passes for a DFS+.
My issues last shave with tugging on the second and third passes were solved by a little detective work between shaves. The blade was not properly seated - a case of "Not the arrow, but the Archer" :rolleyes:.
The Parker Variant again performed well - obviously it was much more comfortable for me this time around on the more aggressive passes, as the blade was properly seated/aligned. It is a tall razor, but as I've previously noted, is well balanced in the hand. Another virtue of this Razor is how easily it rinses clean, due to its head design.
Lovely post-shave feel from the Stella Alpina, capped off with the crisp, clean and impeccably mannered Chanel Pour Monsieur.

Back
Top Bottom