SOTD : Saturday 28th April - Friday 4th May 2018.

Today, a Moroccan like shave!

Regards
0a9b438e0e9451966e08807ae35e76ba.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Saturday 28th April 2018
SOTD 28th Apr.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face wash and Proraso white
Razor: Seygus Gold 2016
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (#1)
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Soap: La Toja stick
AS: La Toja Lotion
EDT: Façonnable

First shave with the Seygus, so I went for a slightly Spanish theme. No Spanish DE blades so the next best thing was some blades that came from Spain. I also do not possess any Spanish scents, I was going to use some Eau de Rochas Homme as I bought this in Spain but went for the Façonnable. I must pick up something on my next trip to Spain.

The shave was excellent, it took most of the first pass to get the angle right but after that it was great. I was looking to get an open comb Seygus but this one came up on eBay for a good price so I went for it and I am very pleased I did. The Seygus is very efficient but still on the mild side.

Sotd - Saturday 28/4 -

SR-Sotd1.jpg

Razor - Mergress (1.5)
blade - Polsilver SI (5)
brush - Vie Long Anniversary 2 band
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous
balm - Bart's Peppermint lotion
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme.

Result - excellent.

A bric a brac approach - just using whatever software I fancied - as opposed to my norm of a scent theme running through the shave. All the better for it. Nice. For me - I have realised that the Mergress works its best dialed down. One more shave to go in the head to head with the Rockwell - if I was a betting man it might look like a dead heat in the offing. Thank you - he says ironically - to the fellow member that posted a picture of their Yaqi 24mm Aqua handle high-mountain badger brush last week - love at first sight for me - I had to have one - and thus it was so - unfortunately when I was on the site I saw the Moka Express two-band - that's just a gorgeous thing. What can I say - I'm worthless and weak. Both ordered and on their way - fingers crossed I don't get snagged at this end. They will cease to be cheap if that happens. I'm looking forward to trying them. The Extreme version of the Dior Sauvage isn't as good for me as the normal one - it lacks the predominant citrus notes - but my other half loves it - the path of least resistance is indeed a good thing. So - all in all a great shave - SV soap - what remains to be said? Ditto Bart's lotion. Job done - enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Pre: Neutrogena Glycerine Soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Gillette Goal (1)
Soap: Vreto Mandarin & Mint
Brush: APShaveCo SynBad 24mm Synthetic

d6612c47a8de677c11854c40095411c2.jpg

A little bit naughty using a new soap and brush together, but couldn't wait. The lather for my first pass with the Vreto soap was lacking a little slickness, but some more water in the second soon sorted this out. This soap ticks all the boxes.

Last edited:
So it was you then that posted the picture? ha ha ha. It's a lovely looking thing. Fingers crossed I don't get taken up the ar** by customs and excise. Yours - I.
yes it was me :D iv bought 7 brushes from there and never had a problem with customs and excise you should be fine im not that far away from Scotland I got a free yaqi razor head with the highmountain silvertip brush which was nice I wonder if you get one ;)

Sotd - Saturday 28/4 -

View attachment 35175

Razor - Mergress (1.5)
blade - Polsilver SI (5)
brush - Vie Long Anniversary 2 band
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous
balm - Bart's Peppermint lotion
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme.

Result - excellent.

A bric a brac approach - just using whatever software I fancied - as opposed to my norm of a scent theme running through the shave. All the better for it. Nice. For me - I have realised that the Mergress works its best dialed down. One more shave to go in the head to head with the Rockwell - if I was a betting man it might look like a dead heat in the offing. Thank you - he says ironically - to the fellow member that posted a picture of their Yaqi 24mm Aqua handle high-mountain badger brush last week - love at first sight for me - I had to have one - and thus it was so - unfortunately when I was on the site I saw the Moka Express two-band - that's just a gorgeous thing. What can I say - I'm worthless and weak. Both ordered and on their way - fingers crossed I don't get snagged at this end. They will cease to be cheap if that happens. I'm looking forward to trying them. The Extreme version of the Dior Sauvage isn't as good for me as the normal one - it lacks the predominant citrus notes - but my other half loves it - the path of least resistance is indeed a good thing. So - all in all a great shave - SV soap - what remains to be said? Ditto Bart's lotion. Job done - enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.
Is this a ground breaking event???? Don't think I have ever seen an SOTD photo from Iain before!

yes it was me :D iv bought 7 brushes from there and never had a problem with customs and excise you should be fine im not that far away from Scotland I got a free yaqi razor head with the highmountain silvertip brush which was nice I wonder if you get one ;)

I have been lucky thus far - customs wise - never been trapped. You don't want to push your luck though. A free razor head? Excellent - I ordered the high mountain and a two band - worth a free razor you would have thought? I hope it's one of the double open comb ones. It will save me ordering it. Ha ha. Cheers - I.

I have been lucky thus far - customs wise - never been trapped. You don't want to push your luck though. A free razor head? Excellent - I ordered the high mountain and a two band - worth a free razor you would have thought? I hope it's one of the double open comb ones. It will save me ordering it. Ha ha. Cheers - I.
I am tempted by that 2 band haha the handle looks cool I must resist iv way to many brushes I shouldn't be looking at things to buy on the internet when Iv had a drink :D

I am tempted by that 2 band haha the handle looks cool I must resist iv way to many brushes I shouldn't be looking at things to buy on the internet when Iv had a drink :D

Mate - you can't beat a bit of drunken internet shopping - most of my shaving kit has been acquired that way. You wake up the next day - check your mail - and oh f**k - PayPal receipts a plenty. Mind you it was just such an event that got me my Cobra Classic - so it's not all bad. I couldn't resist the Deco style handle on the Yaqi two band. As I said before - I'm worthless and weak. Stick a tidy bit of badger in front of me - I falter. Ha ha. Yours - I.

Mate - you can't beat a bit of drunken internet shopping - most of my shaving kit has been acquired that way. You wake up the next day - check your mail - and oh f**k - PayPal receipts a plenty. Mind you it was just such an event that got me my Cobra Classic - so it's not all bad. I couldn't resist the Deco style handle on the Yaqi two band. As I said before - I'm worthless and weak. Stick a tidy bit of badger in front of me - I falter. Ha ha. Yours - I.
"Stick a tidy bit of badger in front of me - I falter". Yes I tend to falter when that happens to me! :D;):p P.

Back
Top Bottom