SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

02/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - NOS Schick Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari EDT
Wk 31 (5).jpg
6 and out for the vintage Schick blade, it was struggling a bit towards the end of the shave.
2 passes for a DFS+ finish, the J1 being milder than PAL i used yesterday, plus i did not want to push the blade.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a splash of Safari.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
02/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick J1 1958-64
Blade - NOS Schick Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari EDT
View attachment 109542
6 and out for the vintage Schick blade, it was struggling a bit towards the end of the shave.
2 passes for a DFS+ finish, the J1 being milder than PAL i used yesterday, plus i did not want to push the blade.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a splash of Safari.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Love the Cussons tube. Look at the design and fonts. A good find!

2/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - 7 O'Clock Bakelite
Blade - Dorco Titan (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

Last few days I dug out an Omega 10077 with a trusty stick of Arko and with that I've got some exceptional shaves. I'm not entirely sure why but the combination of both seem to produce a lather as good as anything for performance during the shave.

This seldom seen bakelite Tech or is a very old razor, and even though it looks like a traditional Tech it's a bit more assertive than one. With the Dorco Titan, I got a very close but comfortable shave.

IMG_20230802_133209.jpg

Sotd-02-08-23.png
ATT A1 alu - R plate - Gillette Silver Blue - Simpson Special best - Simpson Cafe Latte - Signature Novus Spice - Avon moisturiser.

Another winner @Blademonkey - that's - for me - a very nice soap base - the sort of consistency that normally comes in tubes. Nice present scent during the shave. I noticed that it was unusually slick - nice. Thank you again P. - yours all -
I.

Today was almost a copy of yesterday except that it was even more frugal since I skipped the alum block.

I’m really enjoying my €6 or so Wilkinson Sword Classic! It’s a light and mild razor but that’s how I like my razors. Sometimes all it takes is modest gear that is easily obtainable in a local shop!

* Wilkinson Sword Classic w/ KCG blade (2)
* Gillette ‘Series’ Sensitive shaving foam
* Cold water splash

IMG_0626.jpeg

Yintal V7 razor :: Feather blade (1) :: Tabac soap (veg) and splash :: Yaqi Cola brush
IMG_20230801_222627.jpg
Yesterday's late night shave. Second outing of the Yintal razor. It works very well for me with the Feather. It seems that sharp blades really suit it very well - as suggested to me by @slapo. The shave was very smooth - as if it wasn't a Feather blade at all - and a close result after my usual 2.5 passes plus pickups. No irritation.
Have a good one, chaps!

IMG_2492.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Razor = 1949 British Gillette Rocket
Blade = London Bridge ( 2 )
Brush = Limited Edition Wilkinson Sword Bristle
Cream = Nivea Creme De Barber
Splash = Nivea Deep
Balm = Nivea Original
IMG_1809.jpegWell i decided to splash out on a very expensive set up ( Don’t Laugh )
i bought this cream in Brazil so a very international shave lol.
The Brush is a British Legend,
Limited Edition and to be fair it does the job as you would expect from a supermarket brush.
The Star of the show off course is the Rocket,
Another brilliant underrated Razor,
i hear everyone talking about Slims & Fatboys but the Rocket or Superspeeds for me are a far better shave,
mind you i also like the slim & fatboy.
3 passes of luxurious lather,
left my face feeling ok ish :p
Tomorrow will be my last shave on home soil sadly,
Next Shave Singapore unless the auld Martini’s have anything to do with it
All the best lad’s & remember
Nivea Rocks :geek::geek:

2/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - 7 O'Clock Bakelite
Blade - Dorco Titan (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

Last few days I dug out an Omega 10077 with a trusty stick of Arko and with that I've got some exceptional shaves. I'm not entirely sure why but the combination of both seem to produce a lather as good as anything for performance during the shave.

This seldom seen bakelite Tech or is a very old razor, and even though it looks like a traditional Tech it's a bit more assertive than one. With the Dorco Titan, I got a very close but comfortable shave.

View attachment 109549
My favourite Tech. Love my seven.

Back
Top Bottom