SOTD: Saturday 29 June - Friday 5 July 2024.

SOTD: 29th June 2024.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1250.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D5)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Setting 4)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No 19 EdP.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essential No 19 EdP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt240629.jpg

- La Toja
- Vie-Long 16510
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- La Toja aftershave lotion

:D

July 29th

Gillette New
Gillette Nacet (new)
Muhle badger brush
Proraso green soap
Alpa Chypre cologne
Gillette moisturizer

Fine shave, nothing more. I got some irritation due to overshave. Why when do I get a new razor each time I try to make the most of it?? Each time, and each time I overshave. No BBS, just red neck :ROFLMAO:

Today I tried a fresh and far sharper blade (previously it was used Lord). I started with across the grain (as usual for my short stubble) and it was awesome, much better than the first pass with Lord. It was DFS right away. Then the second, against pass, was good but I still might touch some stubble. And here we go! 69 neurotic strokes to get a relatively 3.4% cleanness increase along with irritation to 82% :coffee:
Happy Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

29/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Feather WS-D2 - Shimmed
Blade - Gillette Perma-sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 27  (1).jpg
When not using a Kai DE blade i am finding myself shimming my milder razors to up the efficiency. It works fine for me and is no hardship.
The 1912 products are really good and this one is a favourite of mine.
Whoops, no brush in the photo!
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 29/06/2024

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wit Con Avena E Té Verde Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Enjoy the weekend!

29 June

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Plisson synthetic
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

946C96A2-863D-4BF0-B033-2C7BA045AB03.jpeg
Lilac and fig is an unusual soap scent, but, it is a first class soap producing a fabulous lather with the original Plisson synthetic brush. The Ambassador is a capable razor producing a very close shave in two passes, well, one really, but, it is not quite as comfortable as some of my other premium razors, although that might be the blade.

July 29th

Gillette New
Gillette Nacet (new)
Muhle badger brush
Proraso green soap
Alpa Chypre cologne
Gillette moisturizer

Fine shave, nothing more. I got some irritation due to overshave. Why when do I get a new razor each time I try to make the most of it?? Each time, and each time I overshave. No BBS, just red neck :ROFLMAO:

Today I tried a fresh and far sharper blade (previously it was used Lord). I started with across the grain (as usual for my short stubble) and it was awesome, much better than the first pass with Lord. It was DFS right away. Then the second, against pass, was good but I still might touch some stubble. And here we go! 69 neurotic strokes to get a relatively 3.4% cleanness increase along with irritation to 82% :coffee:
Happy Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Try using Witch Hazel after rinsing your face. I do this every time and never suffered any irritation.

You lot may suffer from my irritation but that is part and parcel of my being.

Saturday 29 June

Just received from PILS, known as Thor’s Hammer. It’s a meaty beast, but still a mild razor. The build quality, balance and feel is excellent and the weight helps to achieve a fine shave without the need to apply undue pressure. This it duly produced without drama. I had to work hard around my under chin and neck area, I think I will try a couple of shims next time just to see if it helps speed up under chin pick up.
The brush is a simple Gillette Standard in which I fitted a synthetic knot. The blade a Brazilian Wilki, cheers @Mike Smart , brilliant blades mate.
Have a fun weekend fellas!

IMG_0682.jpeg

Shave-29-06.jpg
Pre - Hot shower
Prep - none
Soap - 3P Shaving Soap croap. I'm using 3P almost exclusively now.
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar bristle, olive wood handle. First time out so not conditioned yet. I still got an amazing lather though.
Razor - Fatip Grande Testina Gentile Copper
Blade - Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, made in Egypt for the Italian market,
After - hot rinse, cold rinse, pat dry with towel.
Aftershave - 4711 Original After Shave.

My conditioner for the olive wood brush handle - The Cornish Chopping Board Co Beeswax and mineral oil board conditioner which is food grade.

View attachment 122194
Pre - Hot shower
Prep - none
Soap - 3P Shaving Soap croap. I'm using 3P almost exclusively now.
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar bristle, olive wood handle. First time out so not conditioned yet. I still got an amazing lather though.
Razor - Fatip Grande Testina Gentile Copper
Blade - Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, made in Egypt for the Italian market,
After - hot rinse, cold rinse, pat dry with towel.
Aftershave - 4711 Original After Shave.

My conditioner for the olive wood brush handle - The Cornish Chopping Board Co Beeswax and mineral oil board conditioner which is food grade.
It never crossed my mind to use my chopping board mineral oil on my wooden brush handles.
No prizes for guessing what I will be doing tonight with my awesome Highlander LE2023 brushes.

Back
Top Bottom