SOTD: Saturday 29 June - Friday 5 July 2024.

20240705_121823.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Highlander Tuxedo synthetic.
Soap GFCC Peppermint with added Menthol.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector polished with standard machined plate.
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (4).
Aftershave Stirling Bay Rum sample from Agentshave.

A beautiful Shave today leaving me with a glass finish all over.
It really does not get any better than this, my love affair with the Vector continues.
Enjoy the day everyone

Razor - Timor
Blade - Gillette SharpEdge
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Arko

I’m finding the Timor unacceptably mild now (probably improving technique). It took three passes plus extensive touch-ups to get a “good enough” shave… risking cartridge shave levels of irritation. I nearly broke out the cartridge for a quick swizz, but didn’t. I can get a superb two pass shave with the EJ89, using the same blade. So the Timor will probably get the BST treatment, when I can be bothered (doing too much ebaying at the moment).

I’ll probably use the money to buy some soap… maybe 20 years’ supply of Arko.

IMG_0181.jpeg

SOTD 05-July
1000030963.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: HoM Beloved
Razor: Atelier Durdan - No. 7 (0.7)
Blade: Wizamet

Another decent one, this is in preparation for Austere August. The intent being to use the same software and hardware throughout August. So I sat the Mrs and Mini me down to take a sniff at a few software options (This one, Beloved, Ausflug - knew they wouldn't like tobacconist).

I stuck with HoM as I'm partaking in the 'Mammoth Mafia' challenge, not particularly difficult as all you do is use HoM throughout the month. But seeing as the family will be the ones sniffing me all month I thought I'd give them an option. Ultimately they went with this one, not disappointed but I do love Shire!

There are hardware challenges as well involving straights but I'm not totally decided on which ones I'm going for. Anything to entertain myself lol.

Have a grand one all!!

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20240705_160814688.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
this thing is so thin and light it feels like coated plastic but a magnet confirms it's definitely metal. not a bad little shaver. not going to be a daily driver or anything but I expected it to be much worse. plenty efficient with a sharp blade. a flydear might even be too aggressive in it and maybe something milder would be better suited. with the little plastic case and the fact it cost £1.56 makes this a good travel razor I won't have to worry about at all.

Friday

Leaf
Astra SP
Kent T4
Tabac Tallow
Tabac AS
Bart’s Bonce Balm

Needed a quick shave today before the footie starts. I always use the Leaf on my head but I find it is also superb for face too. Going sideways under the nostrils gives a decent finish although if I was going out I would use a shavette or the Twig Thorn to get it perfect.

Friday 5th July

AP1GczP3_SHTxQwuwuyfgozXAgsOEPjI2Rdkj5jAx01f36bkg4kiU_1WuZgCzvQC2dEm7gubmB5Xw4ZZHwVGHpxWId0X1k4BRjC56k92KpkuzY7kfTqFb0vItqKtHpdhHdUktOBgOgut3ff_Z4INGbXMbPFWJA=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Durasharp (5) Yellow Sleeve
Ach Brito Lavande Eau de Cologne (as Aftershave)

... and again.

Still seriously sharp, that Durasharp blade ... and suits me very well indeed. What a great week!

Do not judge them by the colour of tie they adorn around their necks, but by the colour of their underwear..

images.jpeg

close-weathered-decayed-dirty-underwear-260nw-357991646.jpg

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my shave which comes complete with the theme, 'Landslide'

20240705_195222.jpg
Landsliding razor - Occams Enoch
Seismic shifting blade - Schick Proline
Swingometer brush - Highlander LFC
Slippery slope soap - Signature Londinium
MP moving moisturiser - Collagen
Prime ministerial perfume - Floris Limes

'And after a disastrous evening a new party whip is brought in to steady the political ship. And thrash a few arses while at it'

There was another huge result last night and I am very pleased to say the Shaving Party made a momentous gain over the Beardly weirdy's, winning the local shaving election by a whole 1 vote. Being there was only one vote, a Landslide. The one vote being made by my youngest granddaughter and as she said, 'I'll draw a cross in any box for five pounds you hopeless old git'. This has been accepted as not being a bribe as I nicked it out of her piggy bank anyway.

An election winning shave from the brilliant Enoch and friends. Still the fastest, most accurate razor in the pack and a superb crowd pleaser. The crowd being me and my youngest granddaughter. Which has just cost me another five pounds.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead you fantastic forum folk and don't ever lose political faith as just remember, I love you all

Have some puffyshoes and their song for
Rishi Sunak

Do not judge them by the colour of tie they adorn around their necks, but by the colour of their underwear..

View attachment 122380

View attachment 122378

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my shave which comes complete with the theme, 'Landslide'

View attachment 122381
Landsliding razor - Occams Enoch
Seismic shifting blade - Schick Proline
Swingometer brush - Highlander LFC
Slippery slope soap - Signature Londinium
MP moving moisturiser - Collagen
Prime ministerial perfume - Floris Limes

'And after a disastrous evening a new party whip is brought in to steady the political ship. And thrash a few arses while at it'

There was another huge result last night and I am very pleased to say the Shaving Party made a momentous gain over the Beardly weirdy's, winning the local shaving election by a whole 1 vote. Being there was only one vote, a Landslide. The one vote being made by my youngest granddaughter and as she said, 'I'll draw a cross in any box for five pounds you hopeless old git'. This has been accepted as not being a bribe as I nicked it out of her piggy bank anyway.

An election winning shave from the brilliant Enoch and friends. Still the fastest, most accurate razor in the pack and a superb crowd pleaser. The crowd being me and my youngest granddaughter. Which has just cost me another five pounds.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead you fantastic forum folk and don't ever lose political faith as just remember, I love you all

Have some puffyshoes and their song for
Rishi Sunak

Glad there was no rivers of blood from the Enoch

Back
Top Bottom