SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

SOTD 20240206
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo 4.2
Razot: Atelier Durdan Le Maurice Bronze
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
AS: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo

SOTD-20240206.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

And from the dead he shall rise...

Why, hello everyone. And where the fuck have I been? You tell me. In fact I have been hiding under the stairs, covering myself in fluff and old newspapers and pretending the world didn't exist. It was only after running out of toilet paper on day 6 and finding fluff only serves to irritate one's bottom did I decide to resurface and face reality. And I was bloody starving. There are only so many ways one can prepare and consume a newspaper.

But at least I did manage to take photographs of my daily shaves for the past 6 days or so and so you are to be treated to a rather protracted SOTD complete with the theme, 'Go back to being under the stairs will you?'

Day 1

torn-crumpled-newspaper-260nw-1293679129.jpg

Day 2

Now this shave was actually my final shave for last Thursday's SOTD's on a Thursday. If that makes sense.

20240201_145152.jpg

Go away you foul man - Ikon B1
Return to Hell - London Bridge
Brush off - PAA Peregrino
Better when you weren't here - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Sod off - L'Occitane Cade balm

I am going to assume this must have been a good shave as my ears appear to be still in the correct place and I can't recall a trip to the A&E. Then again who ever could these days? The idea seems to be you go home after 3 days sleeping in a hospital corridor and shaving in a very shared toilet space.

No Japanese ladies at the moment as I will run out of odds and sods I can add in to this SOTD

Day 3

I am assuming that since my previous shave was last Thursday then this has to be accompanied by the statement 'And as my final shave for this past week of SOTD's I am pleased to present you with......'. Now technically I have already themed this shave hence you are getting Jack Shit for this one...

20240202_202114.jpg

Still here - Stainless Mongoose
Destined to plague you until the end of days - Feather Super Professional
And a few days after - Highlander TSR LE 2023
And a few more after those - Signature Londinium
You've gone on too long - Collegen
Tough. I'm not gone yet - Guerlain Heritage

By popular demand (that I go) you can have some puffyshoes for being such an annoying audience.....

And I love you all (Does that make up for anything?)

Day 4

And as my first entry for this new week of SOTD's you can have this garbage...

Assumption says this must have been Saturday. Or was it Sunday because I never shaved on Saturday? Who cares anyway...

20240204_175927.jpg

Go - Occams Enoch
Go go - Schick Proline
Go go go - Highlander LFC
Go go go go - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Go go go go go - Simple
Go go go go go go - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

A new scent in my life, bought to cheer me up because I wanted to say 'Everything is coming up roses'. And as a nice lady said to me in the gym, 'You have got the most gorgeous smelling sweat'. Roses one presume, although I did check my underpants just in case I'd missed a subtle hint here. If women get turned on by shreddies which look like a car polishing wrag and smell like urea then I really am on the wrong trip.

A cracking shave. The Mongoose only does brilliance.

Day something or other

20240205_201829.jpg

Something like a razor - 3ONE6
A blade or something - Suneko
Brush something - Hive-2
Soapy something lathery - Bath House Orange flower
Not to disappoint, I haven't gone yet - Collegen
Smelly stuff? - Not what I can remember. Then again I've got shit for brains

A nice blade kindly sent by Mr @NotTheStig And as it is I know he isn't the Stig either. I have just realised you can get quite a few words out of STIG. In the context of the 3ONE6 a very well matched blade indeed. Efficient without wanting to cause untold collateral. Unlike Mrs Satanfriendly who just goes straight for unlimited collateral. Well at least she does with me.

A most rounded and lovely shave and a great way to start the week.

And here's another great way to start the week. Why, it's the Beaver!.....

And finally, day today

20240206_184806.jpg

Hurrah hurrah he will soon be gone - Ikon B1
There is a God - Suneko
There is also a devil - PAA Peregrino
And he's still here - Proraso
I wish he'd just go - L'Occitane Cade balm
Soon - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

And the Suneko blade shows itself to be quite a sharp bastard in the B1. Then again the Ikon could make the plastic blade in the 'Fisher Price, My daddy's shaving set' look sharp. And a quick reminder, don't let children play with your razor blades. They are dangerous. Thank you. Children that was.

I've run out of 'Giphy allowance' so it straight on to my select bunch of Japanese ladies to end these tales of my frolicking by the sink...mmmmmm..mmmmmm? Those Drinking Boys and Girls Choir folk and one of my top tunes of the moment

Wednesday 7 February

I scratched the Stahly Live Blade itch courtesy of @trainman, so thanks again Dave (y). I like using odd ball razors and this one is seriously off the scale. It’s mechanical wind up still works perfectly and the chrome plating is as new, not bad for a razor dating back probably to around early 70s. So it has been well made even if the designer must have been on LSD or another hallucinogenic drug at the time. Mind you, I noticed in the Waits razor bible that an earlier version from the 40s was patented as an electric plug-in mains operated item :eek: .
It felt mild in use with the BiC x3, but it is quite a bulky razor so getting head to handle weight distribution just right takes practice. but it actually delivered a pretty good bbs finish with two passes and pick ups. I shall try again without the vibrator in action to see what if anything the so called “live blade” adds to the party. MDC Fougere is a joy to use, however, my travel brush shed quite a few bristles during lathering up and I can’t remember if I have re knotted this one. Ah well, it’ll have to join the queue of maintenance and repair jobs.

Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0483.jpeg

Wed 7th February

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
The Grovenor- 404 mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Claymore Evolution - original
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alcolado glacial A/S splash

My last Shave was poor as my skin was sore in places , so had to avoid those areas. Today was a delight as I was able to complete with an ease a total Shave in all areas, nice and close too. Forgot how nice the glacial splash is, very invigorating.

IMG_0934.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom