SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

06/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 06 (4).jpg
A very nice lather from the Tuxedo synth and Leodis, the scent is like walking into a fresh flower shop, it gives you a wonderful lift.
The Med prep felt a bit "harsh" today in the Stainless R41, i have to admit its not my favourite razor, although today it has given me a close, BBS finish.
I gave myself a rub with the alum block to check my technique and there was very little indication. Nothing from the splash either.
All in all a great result.
Enjoy your day all.

A genuine first class shave. Very close and the skin feels so good afterwards. No hint of sting anywhere.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur (Artist-style single edge blades)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (pink)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Malizia Vetyver

20240206_181228.jpg
Fat February shave.

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Mountain Best Badger.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat tallow.
Razors Muhle R41 Grande, R41 the Beast and Raz=r.
Blade Ninja.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

I have been growing my stubble because I wanted to compare both R41's and see if there was any real difference.
So let's get on with the face off.
Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

I popped in 2 brand new ninjas and set to work whipping up a smooth creamy lather worthy of my delicate handsome face.
I decided to shave just half of my face with each razor and see just what the difference was.
A lovely shave had and I can confirm there is a huge difference in how each razor shaves, the Beast definitely felt more like I was just shaving with the blade and no guard.
It also provided the most feedback when cutting, it's strange but the Grande felt a lot lot milder when used side by side and I hadn't noticed before.
After a 2 pass shave both sides of my face felt bbs and no cuts so bonus.
I can confirm after 2 hours I can't actually tell a difference on my face so both razors delivered exactly the same result, Muhle did an excellent job of making the Grande feel milder but still giving the exact same result. I will report back and see if there's any difference in the regrowth.
That's it from me I'm now smoother than one of my chat up lines.
Have a great evening everyone.
Paramount Network Hello GIF by Yellowstone

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Voskhod ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Parker V15
Soap = MWF
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original.

IMG_0708.jpeg
Brilliant 10/10 shave tonight.
After using the Dart, Ambassador, R41, & Razorine it was nice to return to a mild razor.
Second use of the Voskhod was superb,
This was my favourite blade a couple of years ago & i actually forgot the existed. i don’t have many left so feel a blade order coming soon.
Until Tomorrow Lads
Stay Safe

View attachment 116704
Fat February shave.

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Mountain Best Badger.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat tallow.
Razors Muhle R41 Grande, R41 the Beast and Raz=r.
Blade Ninja.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

I have been growing my stubble because I wanted to compare both R41's and see if there was any real difference.
So let's get on with the face off.
Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

I popped in 2 brand new ninjas and set to work whipping up a smooth creamy lather worthy of my delicate handsome face.
I decided to shave just half of my face with each razor and see just what the difference was.
A lovely shave had and I can confirm there is a huge difference in how each razor shaves, the Beast definitely felt more like I was just shaving with the blade and no guard.
It also provided the most feedback when cutting, it's strange but the Grande felt a lot lot milder when used side by side and I hadn't noticed before.
After a 2 pass shave both sides of my face felt bbs and no cuts so bonus.
I can confirm after 2 hours I can't actually tell a difference on my face so both razors delivered exactly the same result, Muhle did an excellent job of making the Grande feel milder but still giving the exact same result. I will report back and see if there's any difference in the regrowth.
That's it from me I'm now smoother than one of my chat up lines.
Have a great evening everyone.
Paramount Network Hello GIF by Yellowstone
Is that your Brokeback mountain profile picture?

Tuesday 6th February

ABLVV86KLI6jL1urU26M_NRmSvK8lRomOlOyRNPVXLiymfxlzBEOfyFqOz2mLSpY95vvxSZ2R1D_DOTpAFtWvwiOtkOJEcqVtUhe_1LMhFLU48ct2SYGDYMFDqZgfQmSbo5VmvhGkG4xLM98B46C_r0paaIilA=w800

Fat February

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vegetal 2024) Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Treet Durasharp (2)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Continuing Fat February ... and in difference to the pictured soap I subbed in my new arrival of MWF's latest formulation, coz I got too excited to follow my planned shave.

By 'eck lads! That's damn good! I'll say up front that I'm going to need more shaves with it to fully appreciate its character and some back to backs against the vintage tallow standard, but from a first go I will very happily say it again ... "By 'eck lads! That's damn good!"

Right! MWF was famed for yogurt thick lather, superb residual slip and glowing post-shave feel. The reformulation to palmate in 2023 gave us a soap more akin to the London Cartel names (and looked very much like T&H's formulation but with lanolin) and certainly pulled up a competent and enjoyable lather for a sound shave. Residual slip was okay, not great. Post-shave feel was good, if not great - it's still got lanolin in, afterall.

Well, this latest formulation (and if you're wonder what the heck I'm on about, see: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/mwf-reformulation-yes-again.59406/) I was delighted that a strong yogurty lather whipped up in no time and so I enjoyed two passes and then with just water did some buffing because I'm absolutely lovin' the Treet carbon blade and the slip was really good. Washed off and post-shave feel is soft, smooth and deep moisturised.

If classic MWF is a 10/10 (and it is for me), the 2023 formulation hit a sound 8/10. This 2024 formulation raises the bar by a long way and I'm inclined to pitch it at 9.5/10 ... with a few more shaves, I'm sure that'll rise. Bear in mind that classic MWF divided us down the middle with "those who could" raving about the stuff to near religious levels and "those who couldn't" quizzically looking at each other thinking we were all in on some in-joke. For those who couldn't I suspect MWF was a 4/10 at best. On that, this 2024 formulation has the capacity to excel above the classic MWF on that alone - straight away, folks were saying that the lathering issues were now gone with the 2023 formulation and that character has certainly remained while re-gaining the true character of the classic soap.

For me, I think it's a real winner!

... and absolutely lovin' the Treet carbon blade but I said that already, didn't I?

Back
Top Bottom