SOTD: Saturday 30 December 2023 - Friday 5 January 2024.

SOTD: 2nd January 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's./ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

First face & head shave of 2024.

Happy New Year to all members of TSR, wishing you all peace good health, happiness & contentedness for 2024.

Throughout the month I shall be using a mixture of shaving assortments that I've infrequently used and adding a variety of Christmas presents from family & friends.

Like the vast majority of Subcontinent DE blades with few rules to the exception the Treet Platinum are smooth & efficient which have paired up with my razors in the past and have been consistent with no duds or other quality issues.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Original ASL. One of wonderful Christmas presents I was gifted from family & friends.

My face & precious swede are is feeling smooth, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 02-Jan
20240101_133845.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: GEM PTFE

New shave from now till Sunday (unless my attention gets diverted). Barring yesterday the intent is to use setups in week, or maybe two, stints. No particular reason other than to try and make a little more of dent and see which might be killed off this year.

First day back to work, yay email and emergency day, such fun!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

IMG_4086.jpeg
SOTD: 01/01/2024

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild ( Yellow ), 9th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter Jack Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Jack Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Paris Corner Emir Vibrant Orange And Neroli EdP

SOTD: 02/01/2024

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Tuesday 2 December

Karve Overlander,
Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate soap, very mild, good lather, delicate scent,
My Blades Platinum
Gillette standard brush with synthetic replacement knot
Jil Sander after shave splash

A bbs shave in 2 passes and pick ups with first use of this fresh blade. I was expecting a bit more aggression but it was all very mild. I should be happy and I am but do I want blood now to indicate a close shave? :eek: .

The blade wrapper says it all and I need a coffee.

Have a good day fellas!

IMG_0448.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy new year guys. Due to having stayed up till 0730 trying to see in the new year virtually with someone in California I didn't bother shaving yesterday. So with a fair bit to remove and a desire to make my first shave of the year a good one, I pulled out the Koraat 14-2.0 and applied Officina Artigiana using the excellent TSR LE cashmere. 3 passes for BBS almost everywhere except just under the jawbone at the back, which is an area that you really cannot go ATG with a square point! I mixed a little bio oil with Tabac AS for a wonderful finish.
20240102_140623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom