SOTD: Saturday 30 December 2023 - Friday 5 January 2024.

Wednesday 3rd January
Pal Injectomatic - Personna Stainless #7 - RazoRock Plissoft - Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017101-01.jpg

3 January

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Mühle Classic L
Mühle R89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

484D4A92-A847-4D2D-9803-AC66E6DE5055.jpeg
Been here before, recently. A replacement head on the R89 orphan handle brings rewards. Today a good lather and an equally good shave by the replacement head. As smooth and comfortable a two pass shave as any R89/DE89 shave can be, and I’m a happy man.

03/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Gillette Tech - Bakelite Box
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 01 (3).jpg
Back up to date.
A crackin shave with the Tech / Kai combo.
Mrs TC off work for the week, therefore, i am a bit busy.
Enjoy your day all.

IMG_20240103_140943~2.jpgFirst shave with the Excalibur razor head; fourth with the Kai blade.
There's more audible feedback with this head than the Occam Oren. It feels like quite a mild shave and the result is a mostly close and completely irritation-free shave.
I'll need to try a new blade in this but I don't have any others I've tried before, so it'll be interesting to see how the next few shaves go.
It's also the first try of the Old Spice shaving soap stick. I don't like to use vintage stuff, generally, unless I have a spare but this soap has a very rounded head and I think it may have been used in the past. It produced a lovely lather with minimal effort.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur (Artist-style single edge blades)
Blade: Kai Captain Pro Touch Mild
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Old Spice Shaving soap
Aftershave: Wars Green Protect aftershave lotion

20240103_150116-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps shower scrub.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razors Occam's O.R.E.N & Gillette Raz=r
Blade Feather Pro Super.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man.

My first time out with my newly acquired O.R.E.N and I decided to start off using the 2 dot plate until I click with the new shaving grip and feel of the shave, afterwards I will pop the 3 dot plate in and see how that goes.
The grip is going to take a little used too on the ATG run but I am more than happy with the shave, leaving no nics and was lovely and light with good manoeuvrability especially under the nose area.
I can't wait to give it another run tomorrow.
I look and smell my usual awesome self and off to ask the wife who is the photo of the handsome dude in the bathroom mirror, oh hold on it's my amazing reflection doh!
Have a great evening everyone.

Back
Top Bottom