SOTD : Saturday 4th July - Friday 10th July 2020

Nice shot.What handle re you using?

Cheers! Thank you. Shame about the shave ...

ACtC-3ecqbm2bJYmFBKHzvcE-YBisq8bLzjw8hs2diXAWCs_ucD2ruWUAEY-vlIC2vAVeMOWMYLcRzwdVkO6INsAS0ayxbLXnbqxCjJ88xOPMY9OP1DXMDRLeVP1W4kgOoiwcw8Zm-LoMwmG0_hoZwSfpq5g1A=s800

The handle is from a RazoRock Mission. It's commonly called a 'Radio Knob' handle.

No, but the were recomended to me by the seller of the Souplex and Timor blades, the Razolution blades made in Germany are now old stock as they are now being made in the Czech Republic.
How they will differ I don't know but if you like the German blades I would pick them up now rather than wait .
How do you like these blades and what would you compaire them to ? Thanks, P.

I've not used them either. As for German made blades, the new Personna Platinum Chromes are supposed to be an improvement on the Israeli made ones.

Indian / Pakistani made blades are becoming my go to blades with my vintage Gillette's.. The Lancet Super Platinum is another blade i've had for a while, but have yet to try due to reaching out for my accustomed favourites .I''ll have add them to my blade rotation for future shaves.

Thanks for the heads-up ...

Likewise! Pakistani, Indian & Egyptian suit me very nicely. I guess it's because they don't feel Russian? I'll look into Lancet.

I will send a message to the seller, because these are supposed to be good ( said by the seller ) but at half the price of the Souplex blades so how good! :) P.

I think Russell here has used the new German Personna PC's and really likes them. I've found my niche of blades, which are largely Indian blades seem to work the best with my old Gillettes, which is a pretty good thing as they are quite cheap!

There‘s a few menthol soaps for sale on this listing on the bst. I haven't tried P&B Denali as I don't like menthol in shaving soap, unlike aftershave, but I can recommend P&B soaps in general. Really good performers & I understand Denali is heavy on the menthol.
Have a snakebite on order but didn't realise that Denali was that type of soap. Thanks for that.

Sotd-07-070-20.jpg

Razor - Gillette Slim (4)
blade - Lodz Polsilver (?12 - 13 - and out)
brush - Trafalgar T2 synthetic
soap - Kent hard tallow (MWF - in other words)
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol - Agua Balsamica
balm - none needed.

Caveat - my opinions on synthetic brushes don't count for shit - this is only the fourth one I have used - none the less - I had a bit of an epiphany using a Yaqi Cola recently - and when the T2 came up on BST - for the money - I could not resist trying it. I'm glad I did - I enjoyed using it - modern synth knots seem hugely efficient? - half the loading time - half the lathering time - for the same result. I don't think I would want the knot any bigger - an excellent blend of soft tips - and enough backbone for face lathering - without being too springy. Nice - the feeling in the hand belies the price point - I'll use this again for sure - Enjoy shaving - one and all - I.

@Boycie83 - thank you for a seamless re-homing.

@Dcshaves - in no particular order - from experience - have a look at -

P&B Denali
MT - Mint Ice Menthol paste
Williams - Ice Fresh tube cream - Spanish version
LEA - Classic hard soap.

Good evening everyone

Pre- Prorasso Red
Soap-PAA Gondolier
Brush-Ex Shaving Medium Jock Synth
Razor-Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade- Gillette Ruby #6
Post- Cold Water Splash and Alum block
Balm- Barts Peppermint
Splash- Floïd Suave

A cracking little shave this evening. No dramas, no stinging from the alum block and skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Sounds like you've got the PAA nailed Garry

Back
Top Bottom