SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

SOTD Fri 12 Jan 2024

Pre weekend shave
View attachment 115643Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Haryali wooden handled synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Derby Extra (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Milano Nuit

Refreshment - Jack Daniels and Coke (felt the need, cold in the bathroom tonight it was!)

Almost the weekend, although to be honest, the days are all running into each other at the moment, not seen proper daylight for most of this week and apart from walking the dog and shopping not a lot happening day to day.
But a nice shave lifted the old spirits a bit. Smooth and comfortable face after an enjoyable, no issues, 2 pass effort - most enjoyable!

View attachment 115644
I am a Faithful!
I know, oh, hang on - have you been watching ‘The Traitor’s’ again?
Maybe!
Was watching it as I read this!

The soap has a wonderful strong scent but for some reason it has left my face a bit stingy which is unusual for me especially as the splash & balm have no alcohol.
Same for me M. The only soap and splash that I have had a bad reaction to. A burning sensation - which lasted a good 20 minutes after washing it off. Which is a bummer as it smells wonderful. I haven't had a problem with any other A&E scent - in fact, I consider them among the best.
cheers - I.

Same for me M. The only soap and splash that I have had a bad reaction to. A burning sensation - which lasted a good 20 minutes after washing it off. Which is a bummer as it smells wonderful. I haven't had a problem with any other A&E scent - in fact, I consider them among the best.
cheers - I.
wow isn’t that weird.
I know @Boycie83 isnt keen on A&E either due to this burning sensation.
It’s a first for me & iv used them for 3 years ish.

SOTD: 02/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Back