SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Friday 12 January

Merkur 23C
Gillette Super Silver
Tabac soap
ToBS brush

Acceptable shave in most respects but blade definitely at end of useful life so is now retired to the great used blade bin.
This particular ToBS brush doesn’t appear to be available now and it was second hand and well used so starting to show split ends. However, it is really soft as a result. So bristle brushes don’t have always to be rough on the skin, mind you not sure how much more life it would have left if I used it daily, which I don’t so no problem.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0457.jpeg

Friday 12th January
Radio 1912 - GEM Stainless #9 - Yaqi Moka Express - Tabac - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017159-01.jpg

View attachment 115618

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps shower scrub.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Rose.
Razors Occam's O.R.E.N & Gillette Raz=r
Blade Feather Pro Super.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Final shave today with this blade as I have noticed a considerable drop in it's sharpness.
A great shave and time to break out the Scandal and smell amazing.
Have a great day ahead everyone.
Thank you. Regards Brian

Not quite my last entry for this past week but last night's effort as just so busy. This one arrives on your screens themed, 'Five'

20240111_142056.jpg

Five fingered razor - Muhle R89
Five toed blade - Polsilver Lodz
Five five five and a six six six - Highlander LFC
Famous five - Signature top secret coconut
Not so famous five - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'Thank you and bow. Thank you and bow. Thank you and bow'

'Can you please leave this page so I don't have to do anymore of these bowing things. My neck is bloody killing'

Before I prattle on it is probably best I say what a most wonderful shave this was. A back to basics razor and a true legend. Superb

Why five? Yesterday saw me receive 50,000 likes. I never realised anyone liked me in the first place. In amongst them was some 4900 ha ha he's, several angries and one 'Go to Hell Satan'. That one I deal with a bit of caution as why would I want to go anywhere else other than home?

Anyway, the 50,000th person was @Palmolive fox . I would like to appreciate Barry by sending him the 7p I rolled over from last week's 'picture quiz shave'. If you'd like to PM your address I will get the 'thank you' cash amount on its way to you. I can pay you in other ways if so wished. Smarties, used stamps, a very small beer or even sex, but don't expect too much for 7p. My wife cost me 10p and I didn't even get any change. Or much either.

Oh, and yesterday saw me go through 5000 miles on the bike since starting these challenge things on the sports and pastime section. A happy day.

Have five beautiful Japanese ladies to sing you out.

Last edited:
Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 5 )
Blade = Lol Salon Blades ( 1 )
Brush = Highlander 2023 Le with Omega Boar
Soap = Ariana & Evans Turkish Coffee
with matching splash
Balm = Gillette Comforting Post Shave.

IMG_0507.jpegA very good respectable shave considering i didn’t get on with this blade the last time i used it which was around 2 years ago ish.
Durables.biz what ever that means.
Coated with Titanium ( Apparently ) it seemed to shave very well with no issues.
This company have a few blades all with the swiss flag logo.
Through a little search they have offices in Switzerland & Bangladesh so i’ll assume the blades are made in the latter.
The soap has a wonderful strong scent but for some reason it has left my face a bit stingy which is unusual for me especially as the splash & balm have no alcohol.
Never mind on to tomorrow.
Enjoy the weekend so long as we don’t get the arctic winds

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's this shave c/w the theme, 'Keep it simple'

20240112_200434.jpg

Simply the best - Stainless Mongoose
Simply sharp - Schick Proline
Simply super - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Simply soapy - Signature Soaps Londinium
Simply simple - Simple moisturiser

'Post shave activities'

New blade and what a shave. The Mongoose really is all that. Superlative

Simple music, simple videos and girls who prove simple works. It is a Friday and it can only be.....Puffyshoes

Have a smashing weekend and just don't forget, I love you all

SOTD Fri 12 Jan 2024

Pre weekend shave
A56627A7-074F-4B3F-BD3B-75F844945858.jpegPrep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Haryali wooden handled synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Derby Extra (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Milano Nuit

Refreshment - Jack Daniels and Coke (felt the need, cold in the bathroom tonight it was!)

Almost the weekend, although to be honest, the days are all running into each other at the moment, not seen proper daylight for most of this week and apart from walking the dog and shopping not a lot happening day to day.
But a nice shave lifted the old spirits a bit. Smooth and comfortable face after an enjoyable, no issues, 2 pass effort - most enjoyable!

46577E5F-726E-4055-A4AB-A977E96F1845.jpeg
I am a Faithful!
I know, oh, hang on - have you been watching ‘The Traitor’s’ again?
Maybe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom