SOTD: Saturday 6 July - Friday 12 July 2024.

Thursday 11
Après la deluge, time again for a Gibbs razor, this time their No.15, oddly named “Mince’. Meaning could be thin, finely cut, take your pick.
Whatever, it did deliver a fine dfs in two passes, wtg and atg. I just had to use Dutch shaving soap today, not that I’m “rubbing it in” of course I used a brush, I wouldn’t dare as the boss is Dutch. :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

11/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Silksmoke 24mm
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Tatara Masamune / Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond & Original Cinnamon & Patchouli lotion
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 28 (6).jpg
I have had some really enjoyable shaves this week, today was no exception.
2 passes and a little touch up on the whirlpools have me glass smooth and comfortable. The IKON/Masamune really hits the spot for me, i guess i just enjoy shorter handles.
This Silksmoke re-knot really picks up the soap as it has a good backbone, i myself run with a nigh on dry synth, dip half way and give it a good shake out, soap pick up then tip dip during the face lather building a really creamy lather.
The Dove pre-shave bar is down to a sliver and i will have to decide what to use next.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - Trumper’s Spanish Leather Cream

So I was reaching for the Arko and thought… Lordy! Lordy! I’m addicted… so I went for the Trumper’s cream instead… a good choice.

The EJ is a smidge short of the high degree of awesomeness that is the Rockwell SS R3… so I tried a bit too hard… hence the Proraso Superglue in the photo. Even so, it was a great shave, two passes and a polish up. Despite a couple of small nicks there was zero irritation.

The Rockwell seems to be my current go-to… maybe it’s the extra weight that does it. It’s a shame it’s plug-ugly.

IMG_0196.jpeg

Haslinger honey soap
Shavemac TSR LE 2015 19/30
T R Cadman 5/8ths hollow
Alum
Epsilon’Blue Mediterranean’ AS

Good shave removing two days growth easily with two passes, used the alum not to seal any weepers but to test for irritation, just a slight sting so maybe a stropping on .25 micron in order. The splash of the aftershave was marvellous on the old kipper.

720dcd7f-421e-4e30-94b8-2ba583725e58.jpeg

Gillette New
Shark Platinum (4)
Omega 11137
Stirling Island Man
Thayers Milky Toner
RR Blue Barbershop

I've used the Shark Platinum every morning since Monday, and it's delivered solid and respectable shaves all week. Today's shave was just a little better. I don't know if sticking to the same razor/blade combo has let me dial the technique in or if some other factor kicked in ( I did change back to a boar brush from my new badger ).

Thursday 11th July

AP1GczMcL05CXgVsAaRXn3f2x5KEqC7xeNicF-UY4v2tIOCmp7Q0zL138csiYtqd9ViXaGaQJEcLfd5JuklcCQgTQN6pVgZOfVLhYSF16t5opbR_oyb2dZfHf2l7ffqLgKRN2lWyM3tqliT5ntMy89anRwnvcw=w800

Boots Old English Lavender Shaving Bowl & Mohawk w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (A Plate) w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Feather Professional Super (4)
Brut Splash-On Lotion (as Aftershave)

Same again ...

Razor = 1966 Gillette Slim ( Birth Year ) ( 5 )
Blade = Minora Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Copper & Ivory 26mm Boar
Soap = 1966 from Rex Supply Co
with matching splash & balm.

IMG_2042.jpegWow what a shave i actually forgot i had this stuff.
i thought there’s no better time to use it with it being my birthday week so it also had to be the Slim which is also my birth year razor and only birth year razor i have.
Some off you boys will be thinking something great happened in 1966 and you’ll all be perfectly correct
I was born
Nothing else mattered that year.
Anything else exciting that year was secondary to the coming of me.
Anyway Enjoy the rest of the week & enjoy the
fitbaw

20240711_202953.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razors Leaf & Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger Plate 1
Blade Metgicole (1).
After care Johnny Bravo love potion.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.

A nice easy shave tonight with the Stinger, if you match it with the right plate you get a heavenly Shave.
I am using up my little collection of random blades to make space and this is the first out of the wrapper.
I can't find anything wrong with it's first shave, I am bbs and that's all you can ask, perhaps the next few shaves might change my opinion.
Have a great night all.

Back
Top Bottom