SOTD: Saturday 6 July - Friday 12 July 2024.

I had similar issues with mine when I got it (to be honest, I never really took to it, but...) After a lot of research I discovered that the way the 3 parts of the head are put together makes a huge difference.
It actually explains the disassembly and correct assembly in the little booklet that came with mine - but you need infinite patience, and a magnifying glass! I went to YouTube and looked for Qshave alignment issues, the 'best' (I use the term loosely) is by "the Greek Shaver" (no, honestly).
However neither the video or booklet make a lot of sense until you get the damn thing in bits and then have to figure it out! And of course even after all that, it could still be a 'monday' one that slipped past their tight (humour!) quality control!
Worth a try however as it is quite a decent shaver when set up properly.
Good luck!
thanks so much, I really appreciate that. the thing is, I already opened it and got it even at both ends, where the blade ends are, so when it's set to 1, there is no gap on either side any more. before flipping the spring, one side had a gap and was higher than the other so the blade sat slanted. I know it's fiddly to explain though so maybe I'll watch some videos and see if I'm missing something more I could be doing. It was only a fiver but it's a shame because it got me smooth as glass so I wanted it to work.

I also just noticed there's a little C under the cap on one side and the cap ends are slightly different so I'll try it both ways round.

Attachments

• PXL_20240709_020115007~2.jpg
    PXL_20240709_020115007~2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240709_020106034~2.jpg
    PXL_20240709_020106034~2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
thanks so much, I really appreciate that. the thing is, I already opened it and got it even at both ends, where the blade ends are, so when it's set to 1, there is no gap on either side any more. before flipping the spring, one side had a gap and was higher than the other so the blade sat slanted. I know it's fiddly to explain though so maybe I'll watch some videos and see if I'm missing something more I could be doing. It was only a fiver but it's a shame because it got me smooth as glass so I wanted it to work.

I also just noticed there's a little C under the cap on one side and the cap ends are slightly different so I'll try it both ways round.
Give these a try:

Post in thread 'Chinese Razor Month' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/chinese-razor-month.51849/post-782740

Post in thread 'Chinese Razor Month' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/chinese-razor-month.51849/post-782742

SOTD: 9th July 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic shave cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D3)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Splash-On Lotion./Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A relaxing combined face & head shave to start my working day off with a high.

The Feather/Tech duo continues to be very impressive on it's third outing cutting through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

thanks a lot. I tried taking it apart and putting it back together again in case "When screwing it back together, sometimes the alignment is reset correctly." It still looks uneven but I'll keep trying.

Attachments

• PXL_20240709_070050608.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    PXL_20240709_070050608.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
SOTD: 09/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (SE), 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Tuesday 9th July
Schick I1 - Personna Stainless #4 - Anbbas Tux - Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000019005.jpg

9 June

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

168EA32F-0628-4265-BEF3-7F0D41A770C9.jpeg
A bit of bay rum today and my favourite DE razor. A magnificent lather, perhaps a little too thick this morning, as I didn’t get the closest of shaves with the Blackbird, which is usually pretty darned close. Could be another dud blade or it could just be me. Tomorrow may be different.

July 9

Gillette New flat bottom
Nacet (8)
Wars cream
Yaqi synthetic 24mm
Fine citrus lotion

What can I say here, I did my best with this razor and it's definitely not for me (I had around 10-12 shaved with it). I just cannot get my regular bbs even with more passes and strokes. Each time my skin feels something like tired and burning after (I also tried 1.5 passes only, the same feelings).

The first shave with it was smooth and pleasurable. After I couldn't get it no matter what I've used or tried. Alas, this razor is moving to a closet, bye-bye!

09/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Tatara Masamune / Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 28 (4).jpg
What a cracker of a shave, the Masamune head is a fantastic shaver, Tabac just works for me and the Tuxedo re-knot works a treat.
Comfortable and BBS in 3 for a real face feeler.
Smelling all 70's, who loves ya baby?

Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 9 July

Went for a United Nations approach today. Gibbs 17 from La Belle France, soap from The Netherlands (I defy anyone not Dutch to pronounce the name on the lid correctly :ROFLMAO: ) LORD blade from Egypt and a synthetic brush from unknown source. The blade needs to be nibbled to enable a fit in the Gibbs head but otherwise the shave was straightforward, bbs in one main wtg and then atg pick ups.
The razor comes to pieces easily for cleaning thus,
IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

Have a great day fellas!

Savonnaire du moulin
Shavemac TSR LE 2015 badger
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #1
Thayers cucumber witch hazel
Marc Antoine Barrois ‘Tillia’ EdP

Just a touch up shave really, the soap struggles to lather using the badger and collapses in the brush for a second pass so it’s back to the puck for more soap, the soap itself is great. A spritz of the EdP which is a sample which is leaning towards a more feminine profile but its scent of apricots isn’t outrageous! :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom