SOTD: Saturday 6 July - Friday 12 July 2024.

SOTD: 6th July 2024.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Ingram Menthol Lather Shave Cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish version) /Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave) (Shave Cream week)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. Another maiden combined face & head shave with the 70's Gillette tech paired up with the Feather Hi Stainless.

I had all intentions of using a GSB blade, which is a great match but changed my mind at the last minute and used the Feather Hi Stainless instead which was a great choice as it's another great efficient match for this tech. The appearance & weight of the short nimble aluminium handle gives the overall appearance of the razor an almost "toy-like impression" that the razor is a gimmick however, as the saying goes "looks can be deceiving" this is definitely the case with this little workhorse vintage razor fitted with the Feather and using good technique it performed wonderfully.

It's been some time since I last used the Ingram shave cream and forgot how much of a good lather it is with a nice menthol kick.

Another cream that I intent to use in my future shaves.

I'll use the razor & blade duo for all of my shaves this week to get reacquainted to both of them again. A great duo.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

20240706_062353.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Fatip Il Grande Copper Originale
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Lea
Splash - Cella

Interesting shave today. A real 10/10. I didn't expect that from this set up. Don't get me wrong, the Fatip is very good but not usually up there with with very best for me. I think it's because it's a bit lighter than I'm used to. But with the Med Prep it was as good as it gets. Totally BBS in 2 passes after 36hrs since I last shaved. Very impressed.

20240706_062215.jpg

06/07/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond & Original Cinnamon & Patchouli lotion
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk 28 (1).jpg
Basically a tidy up shave after yesterdays run out with the Dart. The Karve is an easy to use comfortable razor and still rates highly in the collection.
Enjoy your day all.

vTVE0rA.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Razor: Gillette Diplomat
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Santa Maria Novella Cologne Russa Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Cologne Russa EdC

SOTD: 06/07/2024

Razor: Leaf The Twig Thorn
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wit Con Avena E Té Verde Cream
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your weekend!

Saturday 6 July

My first few shaves with the Muramasa since I bought it (cheers @Keltoi) have been excellent. The range of settings is plenty enough to balance wtg, atg, and pickups without causing irritation, even with average soaps. Today the M de C Vetiver was anything but average. Smooth, creamy, long lasting and great scent. The Rubberset vintage bristle can still layer the lather albeit the original bristles are quite hard and maybe show their age. The bristle length however does tend to compensate for its inherent hardness. So all in all a happy chappie am I.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0696.jpeg

20240706_073408.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Freshwood pre-shave oil.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razor Stando Rod
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (5).
Aftershave Once upon a time splash.

Ignore the Freshwood aftershave in the photo it was early and realised my mistake after taking the photo.
A lovely 2 pass shave with the Stando rod, I seem to be getting a lot better shaves from it after spending some time using the La Faulx razor.
I now smell of freshly baked biscuits and off to work.
Enjoy the day everyone.

Is that 1 Up or 7 Up ? Either way great foto J
Got to ask if it fizzes in the pot :ROFLMAO:
Thanks Al. I appreciate the kindness my friend. It’s 1up…. I think if Ryan would have slapped a 7 on it .they’re would’ve been big trouble from the Coca Cola boys LOL.

If you can get your hands on a. Set mate … defo do it. It’s so hard to explain how he captured that fizziness from a bottle in scent form lol it is mad but definitely a unique one. Thanks as always mate. J.

Dj Mustard GIF by Kendrick Lamar

This soap was a sample and I really like the performance and the scent. I am rubbish at identifying scents (except whether I like them) and I'd describe it as orange with a peppery spice.

The Swedish Super Steel was swapped after three passes for a Brazilian Wilkie to do the final pass plus touch-ups. Strangely I found the Rapira a bit lacking in this razor. Not so with the other blades I've used in it.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) West Coast Shaving American Liberty
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Chiselled Face Santa Paula
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh

IMG_20240706_172436~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom